nice write up re Jason Annear

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
Jason Annear: A life too short

JASON Annear was a young footballer going places until tragedy struck. James Hooper explains why he will never be forgotten at the Sea Eagles

AT the end of each day, a grieving father says “good night’’ under his breath to his son, Manly Sea Eagle
No. 543, Jason Annear.

James Hooper
The Sunday Telegraph
January 27, 2013 12:00AM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/jason-annear-a-life-too-short/story-e6frexnr-1226562621540

I certainly will bear Jason in mind each game I attend as the spiritual 19th man :heart:

Hope that he will inspire those on the field that may feel like they have no more energy left in a game.
May they channel Jason and forge ahead inspite of the pain:angel:

Congratulations to the inaugral Jason Annear 7's Tournament 2013 - Manly :)

castle eagle said:
Jason Annear: A life too short

JASON Annear was a young footballer going places until tragedy struck. James Hooper explains why he will never be forgotten at the Sea Eagles

AT the end of each day, a grieving father says “good night’’ under his breath to his son, Manly Sea Eagle
No. 543, Jason Annear.

James Hooper
The Sunday Telegraph
January 27, 2013 12:00AM
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/jason-annear-a-life-too-short/story-e6frexnr-1226562621540

Was a really touching article. Well written and dignified. How is this guy a colleague of Rothfield?

Alcohol is such a dangerous thing. Everyday someone dies due to alcohol related incidents. That poor 21 year girl who fell from the balcony last week at Cronulla, the boy blinded by alcohol poisoning in Bali. This, no wonder it was called the devil's drink. I lost 2 mates who drove into a wall not seeing the corner bend when I was 19.
Today's Telegraph mentions teenage drinking is epidemic and destroying hospitals. Let's hope it goes the way of the tobacco industry. Jason was a real talent and reading his Dad it is heartbreaking.

A great story from Jimmy Hooper, he is by far DTs best League writer.

Nice to hear that Jason's Dad is still involved with our club, It sounds like it is helping him deal with the terrible loss of Jason.

BTW not sure if anyone noticed in our team list that we did not have a player in the #18 jersey
#18JasonAnnear

14 Ritchie Fa'aoso
15 Joe Galuvao
16 David Gower
17 Jesse Sene-Lefao
19 Peter Hiku
22 George Rose

HappilyManly said:
Hope that we have #18 JA all 2013 :angel:

Puts games into perspective and reminds us to enjoy every day

I hope so too. A fitting club tribute to a sad loss.

It must have been even tougher for the family once footy season rolled around.

Again, nice touch by the club.

This is the Manly spirit. Family always comes first and I'm proud to be a member of the club who has helped one of it's own through what must be the most devestating time in a parents' life.

I can tell you the article brought a tear to my eye. RIP Jason.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6