Next years major sponsor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
What's the bet next year's major sponsor is Penn Health.
I hear Kelly has been working the phones with old contacts searching far & wide.

I still think they should hop on the same program as all the other big clubs and sign up someone like Aranda Developments so we can sell new recruits beach-side units for $250,000 off the plan

Nah, It's WEIGHT WATCHERS... (a subsidiary of PENN HEALTH). I hear that the troops (Hiku for example) will be doing Befores and afters. The pie franchise is gone - Weight watcher pies only from here on in...
Or, as Fibro Eagle discovered - "The Biggest Loser"

Last edited:
I hear Kelly has been working the phones with old contacts searching far & wide.
Just like the worldwide search to secure a CEO for one of the world's premier sporting organisations some years ago - which yielded an Auckland taxi driver called Graham Lowe.

All jokes aside...it's deliberately going to be Penn sponsorship.

So the Penns can find a Penn to sign for this but no Penn to announce the re-signing of Matt Orford??

Penn Health is just an umbrella for other things, Weight watchers, Biggest loser etc... Why would they put in even more money to advertise something that the average footy fan couldn't give a rats about?
I still think that weight watchers could be a sponsor (see earlier post). or, possibly Biggest loser...
ZtH is straight out of central casting for both!

Decision pennding...

The Penns are pointless . They wont be able to stump up the losses they have caused and put another 1mil in to cover the major sponsor. They will add it all to the losses and make us pay by taking our games away from brooky.They (penn) will do this or force the NRL to do it for them by saying we cant cover the losses and the mess they have made with the books and income.
They will get what they always wanted years ago and that is a move away from Brooky and go to the central coast with money from the NRL.

The Penns are pointless .They will get what they always wanted years ago and that is a move away from Brooky and go to the central coast with money from the NRL.
I'd like this clarified.
Don't the Football Club (of which I'm a member) own the naming rights to to the Manly Sea Eagles, the club colours and logos, and an iron-clad agreement that 10 matches per season would be played at Brookie?
So, if the Penns are intent to do as stated in the previous post, then wouldn't they have to create a new club, and colours? Thus, we would no longer have a team to support in the NRL.

To play Devils advocate, if you are painted into a corner where the choice becomes letting Manly Sea Eagles fold and disappear from the NRL altogether because they are no longer financially viable OR you allow them to relocate .....what do you choose ??

The conspiracy theory is that the owners want to run them down till they are withered on the vine and then force the Football Clubs hand with the preference share. Whether you believe that depends on whether you are into tin foil hast or not I suppose.

To play Devils advocate, if you are painted into a corner where the choice becomes letting Manly Sea Eagles fold and disappear from the NRL altogether because they are no longer financially viable OR you allow them to relocate .....what do you choose ??
Because this would no longer to the Manly Sea Eagles, playing on foreign territory, in non maroon-and-white clothing, with some silly made up name, I'd chose:
1. To play golf.

I assume the conditions of the preference share are that the FC can relinquish all or part of their control over the name, colours and home ground. I'm no expert on that, but I would suggest it could allow a relocation but maintain name and playing strip ??

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2