Next Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What the most disappointing thing i found this year was not our second half fade outs but our record at brookie

This year it seem we gave up to many easy games at brookie and  manly didn't have the intimidation of years gone past  playing at brookie.

What i mean is that i think we just expected that just turning up and playing at brookie will equal a win ( i.e the para and titans game for example). That being said this wasn't the case for all games ( the dragons, storm games come to mind where we  actually did turn up ).

I want to see  brookie back to becoming a place where teams fear coming to play. Lastly as well, if our record does improve maybe we may see an increase in attendance levels which was disappointing also this year.

Make the opposition teams eat the brookie oval food for lunch on game days and then you will be able to call it the porcelain fortress

The bottom line is that the club hasn't been mentally right since the World Club Challenge win in 2009 and we have been unable to lift enough as a result.

The reasons for that have all been documented, but we must find a way to get our heads right for 2011.

Darren link said:
does anyone know the crowds for this compared to 2008 and 2009?

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/manly.html

We have been gaining slightly for home games averages, which surprises me but I'll assume the stats are correct.

Losing a bit for away games.

Interesting stats, which show that our peak years were 1968 and 1972 with an average home crowd of well over 18,000.
Wonder if they can break it down further to an average on Sunday afternoon Vs other times. I'm sure it would be 20-30% higher on a Sunday.

davohan123 link said:
What i mean is that i think we just expected that just turning up and playing at brookie will equal a win ( i.e the parra and titians game for example). That being said this wasn't the case for all games ( the dragons, storm games come to mind where we  actually did turn up ).

Are Titians from Titi? If there is such a place I'm going there for my next holiday! :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4