Next weeks team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
As others have mentioned,maybe you should wait until game day,Seebs doesn't name a kid straight up to stop media pressure etc...
As to his dummy half play ...He was named ahead of Tong and Lawton in the pre season,however,his form in the trials was very average and it was clear at the start that he had dropped down the order after actual game time.
Arthur as an NRL player was always going to be ahead of him,Wakeham who has NRL experience was also named ahead of him(this was confusing,but think the club was still looking at him as a 9)
I agree that he should have been kept as a half,but maybe the club thought that was his fastest progression to NRL as a 9 and it just hasn't worked out?
I doubt the club could afford to keep him if his current form continues anyway.
We clearly watched different trials? He was fantastic in the first one particularly.

XV-1

First Grader
Isn't Condon on the way out ? Thought I read no contract for next year somewhere.

From the Manly Web site under Ben Condon.

Biography:
Ben Condon will be looking for more NRL game time in 2024 in his second season with the Sea Eagles.

A towering prop/second rower, Ben has the ability to play in the middle and on an edge.

Ben will be competing hard for a spot in the very strong Sea Eagles pack and his aggressive play and offloads will keep his team-mates honest.

He is contracted to the end of 2025

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Yeah I have been underwhelmed by his performances of late. I am not concerned if he is not making line breaks and what not, as that comes down to the opposition as well. What bothered me on the weekend was his defence and a costly dropped ball.

He'll bounce back, he is an absolute gun player.
He certainly is and plays way above his weight even with a shoulder injury. I am disappointed that we don't see more of that Cherry chip-through the defensive line that gets him into open spaces more. Not only that but it puts some serious doubt into the opposition defence line...either their centre or winger holding back (and creating a space) and / or the opposition FB coming up shorter (and creating space behind him). Either way more options for Cherry or Brooks. Only seen that once and that was on weekend against Saints. Just get this kid into open spaces!!!!

MW66

Reserve Grader
We clearly watched different trials? He was fantastic in the first one particularly.
I watched the first trial at the game and he was not fantastic at dummy half. He was serviceable. In fact Gordon came on and looked slicker. Not sure of Humphreys best position. He is sold at half, 5/8 and hooker. However the club watch him play/train week in, week out and for some reason they have not given him a shot in FG so far. Maybe we see/think differently to what his impact actually is.

manly al

First Grader
If Lawman is intended to play in the halves , would have though more in a 6 role and just based on kicking duties alone and with Brooks more trying to more run the show as the 7 .
Still must be a pretty fair likelihood of Humphries starting as the 7 unless Lawman has been already training or doing some recent training in the halves
Noted that Schoupp missed a few tackles some weeks ago with Blacktown but no doubt must have improved on that to gain selection and apparently not too bad in the attacking department
Far from an authority on general injury conditions but just on optics and just the restrictive type injury Sipley has at present ,hard to see him to be properly match ready on Saturday
Could be a better chance with Waddell though he could be a bit doubtful naturally as well
Also was under the impression and also mentioned by Manly 76 that Talau used to do a bit of goal kicking but guess that Humphries would be i st option if he plays .
Would have thought Brooks may have done a bit of goal kicking as well but not that sure .

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
Brooks will play 7 and lead the team around regardless of what number is on his back.
Humphries will play 6 and goal kick.
Lawton will go to the bench Gordon will drop off.
Lawton will play a role at hooker and secondrow/ lock.
Navale comes on at Lock
With Brown rotating as front row.
If Sipley has a blinder and we get something from James and Condon off the bench,
And the rest can show the ticker from last round we will have a red hot crack
If this is not what Seibs is thinking then I'm going to really start doubting my support for him.

XV-1

First Grader
Paulo must be on the nose.

Would have been very easy to move Talau to centre and Paulo on the wing.

Ned

Bencher
As others have mentioned,maybe you should wait until game day,Seebs doesn't name a kid straight up to stop media pressure etc...
As to his dummy half play ...He was named ahead of Tong and Lawton in the pre season,however,his form in the trials was very average and it was clear at the start that he had dropped down the order after actual game time.
Arthur as an NRL player was always going to be ahead of him,Wakeham who has NRL experience was also named ahead of him(this was confusing,but think the club was still looking at him as a 9)
I agree that he should have been kept as a half,but maybe the club thought that was his fastest progression to NRL as a 9 and it just hasn't worked out?
I doubt the club could afford to keep him if his current form continues anyway.
Yeah why isn't Arthur in as half? is he injured?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18