Next weeks team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

gracejh23

Karl Lawton at halfback. I don't even know what to think. Why isn't Humphreys getting a shot?
Seibold must have something against the poor kid, who continuously performs each week in reserve grade and is constantly getting overlooked and pushed aside. They are going to lose him at this rate and he should leave for how he's being treated, he's been at manly since sg ball and gets nothing but high wraps from the media and his teammates but the coach isn't picking him

Phobia

Reserve Grader
I would say that Sipley or Waddell (perhaps both) will drop out on game day, with Lawton going to the backrow and Humphries going to halfback. If both drop out, we will see Parker go onto the bench as well.
This is probably the likelihood. Given how they looked on Sunday surely they don't play. Also Seibold seems to have a new-found affection for a Des-style late change, with last week's Simpkin, Brown and Lawton switches.

Lawton certainly doesn't have the greatest record in the 7:

Have to wonder who our goalkicker will be, too. Don't think Brooks is one. I'd assume Humphreys would if he comes into the side.

stoodamire

Bencher
From that team being named, i can only really see GCKT being dropped for Humphreys.

I doubt Seibs would name Navale or James in the 17 just to not have them play.

Condon would be a lock to play as we need big men.

rmd

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I just cannot see Sipley and Waddell playing against Souths, it’s BS. Sips has done his knee again and is unlikely to play for the rest of the season. Waddell could barely walk at the end of the game and I don’t care how good a physio you are, you are not going to fix that in a week.

I reckon it’s smoke and mirrors and Humphreys and Parker will come into the side on game day.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would say that Sipley or Waddell (perhaps both) will drop out on game day, with Lawton going to the backrow and Humphries going to halfback. If both drop out, we will see Parker go onto the bench as well.
Yep, I can't see how Sipley plays. Waddell maybe, but Seibs said on Sunday that Sipley had done his MCL again. Lawton at half just wouldn't make sense when we are going to be so short in the forwards. Anyway, I suspect (as others have) that this is just to get a team out there and that it will change a lot before run on.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From that team being named, i can only really see GCKT being dropped for Humphreys.

I doubt Seibs would name Navale or James in the 17 just to not have them play.

Condon would be a lock to play as we need big men.
There is a good chance that it ends up something like this

1 Lehi Hopoate
2 Jason Saab
3 Tolu Koula
4 Aaron Schoupp
5 Tommy Talau
6 Luke Brooks (c)
21 Jamie Humphreys
8 Ethan Bullemor
9 Jake Simpkin
15 Ben Condon
7 Karl Lawton
12 Ben Trbojevic
13 Nathan Brown (c)
Bench
14 Gordon Chan Kum Tong
20 Brad Parker
16 Caleb Navale
17 Aitasi James
Reserves
18 Clayton Faulalo
19 Jaxson Paulo

Phobia

Reserve Grader
There is a good chance that it ends up something like this

1 Lehi Hopoate
2 Jason Saab
3 Tolu Koula
4 Aaron Schoupp
5 Tommy Talau
6 Luke Brooks (c)
21 Jamie Humphreys
8 Ethan Bullemor
9 Jake Simpkin
15 Ben Condon
7 Karl Lawton
12 Ben Trbojevic
13 Nathan Brown (c)
Bench
14 Gordon Chan Kum Tong
20 Brad Parker
16 Caleb Navale
17 Aitasi James
Reserves
18 Clayton Faulalo
19 Jaxson Paulo
This is still deadset worse than the pride jersey saga. But the ins for next game (Rnd 18) are insane. Probably the biggest ever team turn-around ever going from that to this across just one bye:

1. Hopoate
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Turbo
5. Garrick
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Aloiai
9. Simpkin
10. Bullemor
11. Olakau'atu
12. Burbo
13. Jake
14. Lawton
15. Brown
16. Navale (I think he's very good, if he performs well)
17. Waddell

gracejh23

He hasn’t been treated in any way yet, the team named on Tuesday isn’t a guarantee to be the game day team
He's been kept in the waiting room for 2 years, coach said he's leaped gckt and Lawton but doesn't get a start. Wakeham gets arrested Humphreys moves to half and plays awesome week in and out, finally gets his chance to be named and isnt. Instead someone with no kicking game is. Humphreys must be tired of it at this point. Even if he goes start this weekend what does that say to him? I'd be walking out the front door if I was him

Adz

Reserve Grader
He's been kept in the waiting room for 2 years, coach said he's leaped gckt and Lawton but doesn't get a start. Wakeham gets arrested Humphreys moves to half and plays awesome week in and out, finally gets his chance to be named and isnt. Instead someone with no kicking game is. Humphreys must be tired of it at this point. Even if he goes start this weekend what does that say to him? I'd be walking out the front door if I was him
So which one of Brooks or DCE should have made way for him this year?

gracejh23

So which one of Brooks or DCE should have made way for him this year?
Neither, of course, humphreys shouldn't of been picked over our current halves but why not choose him over Lawton who has never played half? Two years in a row seibold has come out and said humphreys has been a top performer in preseason and would be pushing for a starting role but he hasn't. He was players player last year and still hasn't got any chance to prove his talent in the top level despite him performing each week in reserve cup at half

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Neither, of course, humphreys shouldn't of been picked over our current halves but why not choose him over Lawton who has never played half? Two years in a row seibold has come out and said humphreys has been a top performer in preseason and would be pushing for a starting role but he hasn't. He was players player last year and still hasn't got any chance to prove his talent in the top level despite him performing each week in reserve cup at half
Patience young grasshopper @gracejh23 All will be revealed in time.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18