Next weeks team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

manly al

First Grader
Would expect Lawton to be named in the 2 nd row . Maybe Condon as a starting prop and Brown at 13
Notice Paulo switched to the centres for Blacktown on the weekend , still a handy player but looks like Ray Ray and Schoupp being in a bit more in favor at present to be elevated .
Maybe also Parker and James to the bench , Waddell looks a bit doubtful
Still a pretty fair footy side on offer , and Humphries is just going to have to be ready to very hopefully show that he can perform at a higher level .

Eagle 1

First Grader
Would expect Lawton to be named in the 2 nd row . Maybe Condon as a starting prop and Brown at 13
Notice Paulo switched to the centres for Blacktown on the weekend , still a handy player but looks like Ray Ray and Schoupp being in a bit more in favor at present to be elevated .
Still a pretty fair footy side on offer , and Humphries is just going to have to be ready to very hopefully show that he can perform at a higher level .
Finally...Really looking forward to seeing how Humphries goes in first grade. Also Condon, he's a big unit and will be wanting to impress.

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
While we will be long-odds of remaining in touch with the Bunnies this week, there is some interest in our depth, and progress on the 'next man up' depth of recent recruitment.

I'd expect Schoupp has to play - if he can't win a spot with 14-15 players injured then why sign him. Guy seems a pretty beastly build for a 183cm centre - 102kg of him (Koula = 80, Talau = 92). Legs like tree trunks, could be a good return carrier. Would keep Talau in his current Wing position, and would compete with Ray (who would push Talau to Centre). As I prefer Talau as a centre however, I won't mind if thats the way we go.

Humphries surely gets his debut this weekend. Lets see if he meets the hype his freakishly hulkish frame suggests.

Ben Condon had a big weekend with 3-tries, and hasn't had much opportunity since Seibold took over. I'd prefer Lawton dropping back to 2nd-row this week - he did that against the Drags with aplomb, and with Simpkin we now have capable 9-cover (who woulda thought...half the team out, but we have spare 9's). Fit Condon is as a benchie this weekend while his tail is up, and if Simpkin even needs a backup, Gordie in as 14.

The Props are a worry though. Bully gets a spot surely, but his impact was as a benchie on the weekend. Damn impressive though, so he has to get a spot. Brown as well can slot in at prop I guess, but he could easily blow a fuse in the early game if he plays his normal reckless - but amazingly fun to watch - gameplan. Last thing we need is him going down early and losing his experience as he will be crucial this weekend.

I'd be tempted to bring in Parker, but admit I haven't seen his development in the 2nd row. Same uncertainty goes for other forwards in Navale, James, Sykes, Dias, Dunford, Rugless - not even sure which of these can play for us within the rules. The Souths fwd pack will be short Cam Murray, but they still have Moale, Kolomatangi, Arrow, Burgess and Damian Cook eating easy middle metres with a likely home-game ref to make sure they get their fair share of posession. Our full-strength pack would be hard pressed to overpower them. Guess they have Keppie, but he'll also know which of the newbies to go after.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The match report from the Workers game yesterday had Condon down as hard to handle, the match try highlights had him running nice lines on the left edge.

I would play Condon on the edge big body, can run a line and bust a tackle, combination with Humphreys.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
We are past round 11,all depth guys can play,for me.....
Hopoate
Saab
Talau
Koula
Vaega
Brooks
Humphreys
James
Simpkin
Brown
Condon
Ben T
Lawton
----------
Schoupp
Navale
Uesele
Bullemor

Lawton played edge but probably need his defense in the middle,Navale can play some minutes to replace him.
Think better to start a big body like James and get him in from the start,Bully can still play long minutes.
Uesele is built a bit like Navale but more a prop and ready to go.
Schoupp can play edge if needed,could go Tong,but with Lawton able to play 9, I would probably go Schoupp.
They will probably go with Parker and Sykes over Navale and Uesele though.

Ryan

Journey Man
Hear me out. How about Vaega does a Ruben Wiki type switch to the front row for one game ? Mobile and bustling. Could carve up against tiring defense's ? Solid defender ?

Also, this team would mean 0 debutants.

01. Lehi Hopoate
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Tommy Talau
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Jamie Humphreys
08. Ethan Bullemor
09. Jake Simpkin
10. Aitasi James
11. Karl Lawton
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Nathan Brown

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15. Ben Condon
16. Ray Vaega
17. Brad Parker

Rosko

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Bruh. Souths 30+ Just hope our for and against doesnt take a hit. If Manly win i will run Manly to Palm Beach naked or even worse with a souths jersey on.
For and against doesn’t matter to us, since we are on odd points. Only wins matter, and we need 6 of them from the last 10. Or rather 6 from the last 9, because this week is surely unwinnable.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Hear me out. How about Vaega does a Ruben Wiki type switch to the front row for one game ? Mobile and bustling. Could carve up against tiring defense's ? Solid defender ?

Also, this team would mean 0 debutants.

01. Lehi Hopoate
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Tommy Talau
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Jamie Humphreys
08. Ethan Bullemor
09. Jake Simpkin
10. Aitasi James
11. Karl Lawton
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Nathan Brown

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15. Ben Condon
16. Ray Vaega
17. Brad Parker
I was thinking this yesterday.

Just tell him we need 15 minutes of everything he has.

It is crazy.... but crazy may be where we are at.

StuBoot

Bencher
Just goes to show how costly Alioai's suspension is.
Could Siebs pull a shock and play Koula, Lawman or Schoupp at 6 with Brooks at 7?

NYEagle

Bencher
My current thoughts...

ROLLING CURRENT TEAM

1. Lehi Hopoate
2. Jason Saab
3. Tommy Talau
4. Tolu Koula
5. Ray Vaega
6. Luke Brooks
7. Jamie Humphreys
8. Ethan Bullemor
9. Jake Simpkin
10. Corey Waddell / Aitasi James
11. Karl Lawton
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Nathan Brown
14. GCKT
15. Ben Condon
16. Caleb Navale
17. Aitasi James / Jacob Sykes / Brad Parker

Can't fault Karl's efforts at left second row. 16/17 a mix of whoever was best from Blacktown outside of Condon.

ROLLING FULL STRENGTH

1. Lehi Hopoate
2. Jason Saab
3. Tom Trbojevic (Roaming left centre)
4. Tolu Koula (Right centre)
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Luke Brooks
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Jake Simpkin
10. Ethan Bullemor*
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Jake Trbojevic
14. Lachlan Croker**
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Nathan Brown
17. Corey Waddell***

*Based upon today's form, and combination with Simpkin

**Could start, however in Lawton's absence next year I think he would make a fantastic utility, covering halves, hooker and potentially lock.

***Also based upon today's efforts, however I would love to see Navale get a spot by the end of the year.
Saab > Talau?

Surely not.

NYEagle

manly al

First Grader
Could Siebs pull a shock and play Koula, Lawman or Schoupp at 6 with Brooks at 7?
Actually ,read somewhere in the pre season where either Faulalo or Paulo played some footy at 6 previously [ Paulo would certainly have been an above average 6 height wise ] but of course won't be happening this week .
Just going so well at the back but Lehi Hoppa could probably go quite well as a 6 , good ball player and defender , good natural attacking player . Kicking game might be another matter but probably would not be totally ineffectual .
Have to be careful with trying untested 6 's however , just look at how things went so pear shaped trying Fanu as a 6 against the Knights a few seasons ago

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Anything is possible this weekend given the situation.

Re Tolu....I am his biggest fan but got to say been very average of late. Always seems to get the ball with 4 defenders on him so may not be entirely his fault. Not sure the team plays to his strengths in the centre so it was great to see Cherry chip through for him in the first half on the weekend. That play almost came off. Love to see more of that variation of play that gets this kid out in the open more. Playing Tolu in the halves?? Could be a stroke of genius or madness. Fine line there. This could be the game to try something like that.

DanielLehi888

Reserve Grader
Vaega has been in good form for us so one can only expect him to be playing this week. I would not be surprised to see Brad Parker back in the team with all of our missing forwards. Having him on the bench could work well. It's a game that we can still win. We still have a couple of match winners in our team and a couple of speedsters, 3 if we include Lehi. So if we can work as one in defence and we really lift for this one we have some points in us

Manly 20 Souths 18

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18