Next weeks team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I reckon that's as good a list as currently possible, except Navale is a must for a bench spot.

Guess well know more tomorrow arvo. But either way poor old Blacktown's pack is going to be plundered, especially if Paseka, Sips and Waddell join Jake and Haumole on the not available list. At best they'll only have to cover Jake and Haumole. At worst they'll be looking at Jersey Flegg.....

Eagle 1

First Grader
I'm going to have a guess after yesterday that the injuries to Paseka, Sips and Waddell will keep them out for the game against Souths (thankfully we have the bye the week after). That's in addition to losing DCE, Jake and Haumole to Origin and Garrick to HIA.

FB - Lehi Hopoate
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Aaron Schoupp
CE - Tolu Koula
WG - Tommy Talau
FE - Luke Brooks (c)
HB - Jamie Humphreys
PR - Ethan Bullemor
HK - Jake Simpkin
PR - Nathan Brown
SR - Brad Parker
SR - Ben Trbojevic
LK - Karl Lawton

Bench - Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Ben Condon, Aitasi James, Jacob Sykes

I think the former Centre of Excellence himself, Hank Scorpio Parker, will make his return to first grade in the back row (like Burbo, he can also cover the backs). Other than former Bulldog Schoupp (damn its strange having someone who isn't a former Wests Tiger.....), the rest of those needed because of injury and Origin hitting at the same time will probably be on the bench.

I also expect Brooks to get the captaincy. He's easily the most experienced player out there and as the chief playmaker for the day will probably be leading the side around anyway.

If Schoupp doesn't get the vacant centre spot, I'd expect Talau to be moved infield and either Ray or Paulo to come in on the wing.
You forgot to add our dumb arse Ailoia in the absentees list also.

XV-1

First Grader
I'm going to have a guess after yesterday that the injuries to Paseka, Sips and Waddell will keep them out for the game against Souths (thankfully we have the bye the week after). That's in addition to losing DCE, Jake and Haumole to Origin and Garrick to HIA.

FB - Lehi Hopoate
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Aaron Schoupp
CE - Tolu Koula
WG - Tommy Talau
FE - Luke Brooks (c)
HB - Jamie Humphreys
PR - Ethan Bullemor
HK - Jake Simpkin
PR - Nathan Brown
SR - Brad Parker
SR - Ben Trbojevic
LK - Karl Lawton

Bench - Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Ben Condon, Aitasi James, Jacob Sykes

I think the former Centre of Excellence himself, Hank Scorpio Parker, will make his return to first grade in the back row (like Burbo, he can also cover the backs). Other than former Bulldog Schoupp (damn its strange having someone who isn't a former Wests Tiger.....), the rest of those needed because of injury and Origin hitting at the same time will probably be on the bench.

I also expect Brooks to get the captaincy. He's easily the most experienced player out there and as the chief playmaker for the day will probably be leading the side around anyway.

If Schoupp doesn't get the vacant centre spot, I'd expect Talau to be moved infield and either Ray or Paulo to come in on the wing.

I notice Matterson is not in this team.

Is he injured?

Rocky

Bencher
I’d probably swap Schoup and Parker. I think Parker has utility value after transitioning to the back row in Reggie’s this year. Schoup is a centre, so I’d put him there. But I do feel more comfortable with that 17 overall. I’m not sure we can carry Gordie when we don’t have a strong team around him at this stage.

It’s just Parker’s experience in firsts that I like, and he helps that inexperienced bench look slightly more solid, IMO.
Yep. Parker is a back row/utility these days.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yep @XV-1 Matterson and Woods are both injured as well.
Have I missed any player here? If not, this is our current injured/suspended list. Arguably, 10-11 of them are in our best seventeen.

Forwards Unavailable
Croker - Injured
Paseka - Injured
Sipley - Injured
Waddell - Injured
Lodge - Injured
Matterson - Injured
Woods - Injured
Aloiai - Suspended

Backs Unavailable
Trbojevic - Injured
Arthur - Injured
Garrick - Injured

Unavailable due to Origin
DCE
Jake
Haumole

Eagle 1

First Grader
Have I missed any player here? If not, this is our current injured/suspended list. Arguably, 10-11 of them are in our best seventeen.

Forwards Unavailable
Croker - Injured
Paseka - Injured
Sipley - Injured
Waddell - Injured
Lodge - Injured
Matterson - Injured
Woods - Injured
Aloiai - Suspended

Backs Unavailable
Trbojevic - Injured
Arthur - Injured
Garrick - Injured

DCE
Jake
Haumole
That's a huge list, that's a whole side and 2 on the bench. Should see at least 7 off this list after the bye.

lillchip

Reserve Grader
Forwards Unavailable
Croker - Injured
Paseka - Injured
Sipley - Injured
Waddell - Injured
Lodge - Injured
Matterson - Injured
Woods - Injured
Sykes - Injured
Aloiai - Suspended (very unlucky with the Warriors suspension with Shaun Johnson winning an Oscar, but how utterly foolish and costly is the blatant trip against Penrith looking now?)

Backs Unavailable
Trbojevic - Injured
Arthur - Injured
Garrick - Injured

DCE
Jake
Haumole

That's 11 regular first graders, 3 more with first grade experience, and adding Sykes, totals 15 players unavailable this weekend, unless of course any of the injured yesterday recover.

About as bad as it gets.

And for me the best 17 is:

1. Turbo (too much traffic in centres, if he's fit he's no.1, if he's injured there's Hoppa)
2. Saab
3. Koula (tackling practice needed, misses far too many)
4. Talau (better at centre than wing)
5. Garrick (can't defend at centre, far better winger making 2-3 tackles only, notice how Flanagan was 100% right not listening to Lomax demands, and LOL now he's in Origin collecting $$$)
6. Brooks
7. DCE

8. Paseka
9. Simpkin (we need spark and he showed it in one game plus 41 tackles)
10. Jake (sorry, but way too slow for 13, same as for NSW)
11. Ola
12. Ben T (had my doubts, but gees hasn't he improved)
13. Bullemor (awesome game yesterday, no reason why he can't be our Carrigan with mongrel)

14. Lawton (9 if needed for short spell, but largely back row cover)
15. Aloiai (must improve discipline)
16. Lodge/Sipley (not sure which one tbh)
17. Brown (been awesome but best impact still off bench)

18. Hoppa (def. no. 2 FB, too small for centre or wing)
19. Croker (might seem harsh but time moves players on, same as Parker)
19. GKTC (still like to see him get more time)
20.Waddell (just don't see a place in 17)
21. Vaega (not far off a wing spot To'o style)
22. Paulo (behind Vaega)

Last edited:

madmax

Bencher
I want to see this team at least once this year….
Hopoate
Saab
Koula
Talau
Garrick
Brooks
DCE
Paseka
Simpkin
Aloiai
Olakau’atu
Brbo
Jrbo
Res: Trbo, Brown, Bully, Sipley
Trbo off the bench can cover whole backline, would be a weapon off the bench causing major damage & less strain to his body.
Just my wish…..

Once Was Brissie Kid

Reserve Grader
The 2022 team that played vs Roosters in Rd 20, beaten 20-10.

Reuben GARRICK 1
Pio SECI 2
Morgan HARPER 3
Dylan WALKER 4
Alfred SMALLEY 5
Kieran FORAN 6
Daly CHERRY-EVANS 7
Taniela PASEKA 8
Lachlan CROKER 9
Martin TAUPAU 16
Ethan BULLEMOR 11
Andrew DAVEY 12
Jake TRBOJEVIC 13

Kurt DE LUIS 10
James SEGEYARO 14
Morgan BOYLE 17
Zac FULTON 18

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
My guess at the 22,

1. Lehi Hopoate
2. Jason Saab
3. Tommy Talau
4. Tolu Koula
5. Ray Vaega
6. Luke Brooks
7. Jamie Humphreys
8. Ethan Bullemor
9. Jake Simpkin
10. Nathan Brown
11. Ben Condon
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Caleb Navale

14. Karl Lawton
15. Aitasi James
16. Zane Dunford
17. Jacob Sykes
18. James Uesele
19. Brad Parker
20. Aaron Schoupp
21. Jaxson Paulo
22. Corey Waddell

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Bruh. Souths 30+ Just hope our for and against doesnt take a hit. If Manly win i will run Manly to Palm Beach naked or even worse with a souths jersey on.

I am gonna hold you to it, they still have big trouble in their camp.

I talked about it prior to round 1 and a few times since.

I'd be surprised if they pump us, but we are going to be very light on troops.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17