Next weeks team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

CRPSI eagle

Reserve Grader
1. Hoppa
2. Saab
3. Schoupp
4. Koala
5. Talau
6. Brooks
7. Humphreys
8. Bullymore
9. Simpkin
10. Brown
11. Lawton
12. Burbo
13. Navele
14. GCKT
15. Waddell
16. Condon
17. Parker/Sykes

Can't see them naming anything but the above. Schoupp being 18th man today shows he would be ahead of ray or Paulo to replace Garrick.
Good looking lineup considering. I would give James a crack over Waddell, that would be my only change.
I feel we beat Souths with this lineup.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Is Paseka definitely out for next week ? Sips as well ? Maybe Croker will be back. He could play on the halves with brooks if so.
The Souths game is the biggest problem. After the bye we get a lot coming back, Turbo, Garrick, Ailoai, probably Croker as welll, DCE, Olacalatu and Jake all back from Origin 2.

Rocky

Bencher
i see GCKT is on the bench for a lot of these teams.

Is Simpkin an 80 minute player usually? If so i wouldn't have gordie in there (even considering we are way down on troops)

effnic

Reserve Grader
I reckon we can get them, Cook is the real danger.

Our forwards, whats left of them, can match theirs. The attack led by Brookes and with Koula and Hoppa will be too much for them if we dont get injuries or a send off etc.

Manly by 10.
Bruh. Souths 30+ Just hope our for and against doesnt take a hit. If Manly win i will run Manly to Palm Beach naked or even worse with a souths jersey on.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I take your point about bench roles @nightster but we might well end up with a team that looks something like this. That being the case I would start both Bullemore and Brown, and would give the captaincy to Brown. With Brown leading from the back fence, and inspiring the other forwards, we may still be in with a shot of upsetting the Bunnies. If he manages to wack Walker a couple of times early on even better.

1. Hopoate
2. Talau
3. Schoup
4. Koula
5. Saab
6. Brooks
7. Humphries
8. Bullemore
9. Simpkin
10. Brown (C)
11. Condon
12. Burbo
13. Lawton

14. GCKT
15. Navale
16. James
17. Sykes

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Bruh. Souths 30+ Just hope our for and against doesnt take a hit. If Manly win i will run Manly to Palm Beach naked or even worse with a souths jersey on.
how about naked with a Souths beanny

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I take your point about bench roles @nightster but we might well end up with a team that looks something like this. That being the case I would start both Bullemore and Brown, and would give the captaincy to Brown. With Brown leading from the back fence, and inspiring the other forwards, we may still be in with a shot of upsetting the Bunnies. If he manages to wack Walker a couple of times early on even better.

1. Hopoate
2. Talau
3. Schoup
4. Koula
5. Saab
6. Brooks
7. Humphries
8. Bullemore
9. Simpkin
10. Brown (C)
11. Condon
12. Burbo
13. Lawton

14. GCKT
15. Navale
16. James
17. Sykes
I like this side but I would swap Brown and Condon around.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member

1. Hopoate
2. Talau
3. Schoup
4. Koula
5. Saab
6. Brooks
7. Humphries
8. Bullemore
9. Simpkin
10. Brown (C)
11. Condon
12. Burbo
13. Lawton

14. GCKT
15. Navale
16. James
17. Sykes
I’d prefer to bring Parker in for one of those rookies… too much inexperience for my liking.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’d prefer to bring Parker in for one of those rookies… too much inexperience for my liking.

Something like this perhaps @HK_Eagle @Tragic Eagle ? If we decide to play Parker, I think playing him in the centres would be preferable to him playing backrow. Schoup was our eighteenth man for the last game and can cover winger, centre and fullback. Lawton covers for Simpkin in case of injury. (I would love to see Lawton given eighty minutes as a ball-playing lock, though)

1. Hopoate
2. Talau
3. Parker
4. Koula
5. Saab
6. Brooks
7. Humphries
8. Bullemore
9. Simpkin
10. Condon
11. Brown (C)
12. Burbo
13. Lawton

14. Schoup
15. Navale
16. James
17. Sykes

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Something like this perhaps @HK_Eagle @Tragic Eagle ? If we decide to play Parker, I think playing him in the centres would be preferable to him playing backrow. However, Schoup was our eighteenth man for the last game and can cover winger, centre and fullback. Lawton covers for Simpkin in case of injury. (I would love to see Lawton given eighty minutes as a ball-playing lock, though)

1. Hopoate
2. Talau
3. Parker
4. Koula
5. Saab
6. Brooks
7. Humphries
8. Bullemore
9. Simpkin
10. Condon
11. Brown (C)
12. Burbo
13. Lawton

14. Schoup
15. Navale
16. James
17. Sykes
I’d probably swap Schoup and Parker. I think Parker has utility value after transitioning to the back row in Reggie’s this year. Schoup is a centre, so I’d put him there. But I do feel more comfortable with that 17 overall. I’m not sure we can carry Gordie when we don’t have a strong team around him at this stage.

It’s just Parker’s experience in firsts that I like, and he helps that inexperienced bench look slightly more solid, IMO.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I'm going to have a guess after yesterday that the injuries to Paseka, Sips and Waddell will keep them out for the game against Souths (thankfully we have the bye the week after). That's in addition to losing DCE, Jake and Haumole to Origin and Garrick to HIA.

FB - Lehi Hopoate
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Aaron Schoupp
CE - Tolu Koula
WG - Tommy Talau
FE - Luke Brooks (c)
HB - Jamie Humphreys
PR - Ethan Bullemor
HK - Jake Simpkin
PR - Nathan Brown
SR - Brad Parker
SR - Ben Trbojevic
LK - Karl Lawton

Bench - Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Ben Condon, Aitasi James, Jacob Sykes

I think the former Centre of Excellence himself, Hank Scorpio Parker, will make his return to first grade in the back row (like Burbo, he can also cover the backs). Other than former Bulldog Schoupp (damn its strange having someone who isn't a former Wests Tiger.....), the rest of those needed because of injury and Origin hitting at the same time will probably be on the bench.

I also expect Brooks to get the captaincy. He's easily the most experienced player out there and as the chief playmaker for the day will probably be leading the side around anyway.

If Schoupp doesn't get the vacant centre spot, I'd expect Talau to be moved infield and either Ray or Paulo to come in on the wing.

Last edited:

Pete W

Bencher
I'm going to have a guess after yesterday that the injuries to Paseka, Sips and Waddell will keep them out for the game against Souths (thankfully we have the bye the week after). That's in addition to losing DCE, Jake and Haumole to Origin and Garrick to HIA.

FB - Lehi Hopoate
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Aaron Schoupp
CE - Tolu Koula
WG - Tommy Talau
FE - Luke Brooks (c)
HB - Jamie Humphreys
PR - Ethan Bullemor
HK - Jake Simpkin
PR - Nathan Brown
SR - Brad Parker
SR - Ben Trbojevic
LK - Karl Lawton

Bench - Gordon Chan Kum Tong, Ben Condon, Aitasi James, Jacob Sykes

I think the former Centre of Excellence himself, Hank Scorpio Parker, will make his return to first grade in the back row (like Burbo, he can also cover the backs). Other than former Bulldog Schoupp (damn its strange having someone who isn't a former Wests Tiger.....), the rest of those needed because of injury and Origin hitting at the same time will probably be on the bench.

I also expect Brooks to get the captaincy. He's easily the most experienced player out there and as the chief playmaker for the day will probably be leading the side around anyway.

If Schoupp doesn't get the vacant centre spot, I'd expect Talau to be moved infield and either Ray or Paulo to come in on the wing.
I reckon that's as good a list as currently possible, except Navale is a must for a bench spot.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18