next week's team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Of course the media hype it as the team being torn apart by conflict blah blah
No doubt.
I saw a bit of the CH9 Footy show & later the Matty Johns show.
They barely mentioned the pride jersey.
But, I’m guessing on seeing this meeting has taken place,
Kent, 360, the DT, old uncle Tom Cobley & all will fall back, regroup & charge at us, again.

Fearless leader of the boycott 7 not in attendance? Interesting.
That is conjecture , remember as the oldest of them he may well be the spokesman but not necessarily the “ leader of the gang “.

Most of these guys are kids , probably not well educated ( but good at footy ) so it would be natural for the oldest / most eloquent to become the spokesperson.

So what happens if any of the Anything But Magnificent 7 aren't selected in this week's team? Being the sensitive souls that they are, is there a chance they'll claim they're being excluded and by implication punished because of their "strong stance" and the expression of their religious beliefs? What about in three weeks' time? If any of them are playing like crap, can they be dropped? Or would that be religious persecution as well?

I wouldn't think it would be a problem - but then again, I never thought seven (or 10) players would refuse to pull on a Manly jersey either. Giant can of worms I hope is never opened.
Yes... what happens down the track if they are dropped for poor form or because.... god forbid (sorry for the misuse of the word) they are not seen as team players and therefore need to be dropped... can you imagine the screaming of the players about discrimination and from the supporters on here. Essentially while they are at Manly as you say @Ron E. Gibbs if they get dropped... it opens up the option for a player to claim he has been victimised. Given Rugby League is heavily focused on a team sport and working together as a TEAM...just how will the other players in their minds be able to trust the guy next to them knowing full well they ditched the team previously. People will try and down play these issues but they now are very relevant and real. Not all of the players in the team who played on Thursday night will have that view... but the ones sending the angry texts if the media is to be believed obviously have a bee in their bonnet and they will no doubt have trust issue on the field with those players going forward. These views on this have been developed over 36 years playing and I can assure you that trust in a fellow player over my career certainly was damaged in fair less serious circumstances than a player refusing to wear a jersey let alone 10 of them! Off field issues as well as on field issues combine to build that trust across a team and I guess at least a number of players will have seen the trust in these guys plummett significantly.

Yes... what happens down the track if they are dropped for poor form or because.... god forbid (sorry for the misuse of the word) they are not seen as team players and therefore need to be dropped... can you imagine the screaming of the players about discrimination and from the supporters on here. Essentially while they are at Manly as you say @Ron E. Gibbs if they get dropped... it opens up the option for a player to claim he has been victimised. Given Rugby League is heavily focused on a team sport and working together as a TEAM...just how will the other players in their minds be able to trust the guy next to them knowing full well they ditched the team previously. People will try and down play these issues but they now are very relevant and real. Not all of the players in the team who played on Thursday night will have that view... but the ones sending the angry texts if the media is to be believed obviously have a bee in their bonnet and they will no doubt have trust issue on the field with those players going forward. These views on this have been developed over 36 years playing and I can assure you that trust in a fellow player over my career certainly was damaged in fair less serious circumstances than a player refusing to wear a jersey let alone 10 of them! Off field issues as well as on field issues combine to build that trust across a team and I guess at least a number of players will have seen the trust in these guys plummett significantly.
They’ll have some rebuilding to do that’s for sure .

yes.... amazing if the Leader of the Boycott 10 was not there unless he was unable to walk.

Couldn't have been too injured, he had breakfast with Jake & Croker on Sunday morning before the meeting. Wonder why he was then unable to attend the meeting at the club a short time later?

That is conjecture , remember as the oldest of them he may well be the spokesman but not necessarily the “ leader of the gang “.

Definitely conjecture, but if the media reports are to be believed (which they're usually not) then it appears Aloiai is the leader of the Boycott 7. Obviously as an outsider we aren't privy to a lot of information, but my gut tells me that he probably is and did indeed convince the 3 potential back flippers to 'stick with the boys'.

Couldn't have been too injured, he had breakfast with Jake & Croker on Sunday morning before the meeting. Wonder why he was then unable to attend the meeting at the club a short time later?

Definitely conjecture, but if the media reports are to be believed (which they're usually not) then it appears Aloiai is the leader of the Boycott 7. Obviously as an outsider we aren't privy to a lot of information, but my gut tells me that he probably is and did indeed convince the 3 potential back flippers to 'stick with the boys'.
You may well be right , but then again as I’ve said it’s conjecture , and that’s all you can say it is at this stage.

If he comes out later and says he was the ringleader , then say what you wish.

Personally I believe there’s a religious cleric behind all this , the head of their church who would have had an influence on their decision.

But of course it’s easy just to believe the Daily Telegraph ( that bastion of truth ) isn’t it ??

I been around footy much of my life and every team has multi cultures, larrikans, quiet, loud, party boys, deeply religious and every race on the planet.....and "most" players respect each others personal space, preference and opinions and those who don't are rubbed out of the game before hitting NRL level....those who don't support "everyones" choices are the outcast regardless of those with personal agenda's - particularly in the media.
These players will sort it out and be united without having to sell it to the world, who are the ones still pushing a barrow that should have been left at the dump last week....as a Manly fan, I'm just keen to see this side Win footy games and finish 2022 with desire and effort for the Seaeagles emblem.

You may well be right , but then again as I’ve said it’s conjecture , and that’s all you can say it is at this stage.

Personally I believe there’s a religious cleric behind all this , the head of their church who would have had an influence on their decision.

But of course it’s easy just to believe the Daily Telegraph ( that bastion of truth ) isn’t it ??

I mean, this whole situation is conjecture lol.

No one outside of the Club has any clue what is or isn't true. Even the official statements from the club (Penn) seems to be full of sh!t.

I mean, this whole situation is conjecture lol.

No one outside of the Club has any clue what is or isn't true. Even the official statements from the club (Penn) seems to be full of sh!t.
Exactly , we ( the collective we , not just you and I ) have been lead like a horse to water via the media.

I learnt something a long time ago , believe nothing you read in the media , believe nothing you read on social media , believe nothing you hear as rumours and only believe something when they say it themselves.

What’s not conjecture is

The club ****ed up big time without consulting the team , Des has stated that.

The 7 (10) have created great angst in the playing group for their stance.

As a result we lost a game we should have won.

None of that is conjecture.

Who is the ringleader , the team being split as a result , many looking to get out as a result , an irreparable rift between the 17 that played and the 19 that didn’t!!

All is just pure conjecture.

Not sure he will say he is the ring leader but I am sure it will come out that he was. I will also bet that the young pups who have not played an A Grade game and who are part of the Boycott 10 were under some significant pressure from the initial 7 not to play and I will bet that comes out somewhere.

Not sure he will say he is the ring leader but I am sure it will come out that he was. I will also bet that the young pups who have not played an A Grade game and who are part of the Boycott 10 were under some significant pressure from the initial 7 not to play and I will bet that comes out somewhere.
If he says it , or answers a question and says he was I’ll agree with you , until then as I keep saying it’s conjecture only and you have nothing to prove it.

There is no quick fix to this situation unfortunately. The trust between many of our key players is gone. It will take a couple of seasons to work itself out. Sad but true.

I’ve heard Marty isn’t very happy with the 7 either, and was very upset by the whole thing and the stance they took.

He also lost a close relative this week so I don’t think his mind is too much into footy all at the moment.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8