Next week’s team and the rest of the season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with the poster that said if our diff is in the - we don’t deserve to play finals. Look I’d love to see sone changes to the side, I’m just not sure it will help that much tbh unless we get some of those troops back. Read in another thread we had like 6-7 of a starters gone by the end of that game. Take them out of the warriors (including RTS) and imagine the result. Would not be close. I’ll take others words for it re Hoppa, give him a go. Half a crowd at Newcastle in dry weather might be a good opportunity for debut.

Sorry ..... but we have a sh1t backline regardless who you pick!
cannot defend one on one ...and soooooo slllloooooowwww !

Well, last night wasn’t fun. But I think the most frustrating thing is knowing how different things would’ve been if Tom was there (obviously know this isn’t the only issue but it’s a big one). I was a huge fan of Elliott at FB last year, but he’s not offering much this year. It’s great that he’s pretty safe under the high ball but he’s adding near nothing in attack and can be found startled in defence. It’s become so much clearer why giving Albert Hopoate a run this week would be so beneficial. I don’t blame Des for not debuting him last night, the conditions were awful and if it was Tom on the cusp of coming back I’m sure we’d all want him to wait another week to limit the change of re-injury in those sloppy conditions.

So, looking to next week what line up are you hoping for? I assume Marty will be okay with our 9 day turn around, and Parker, Thommo and Sironen should all be available for selection. Unfortunately though AFB looks like he’s gonna be out for the next few weeks. Des loves a last minute change, so here’s my hopeful 1-17 when it comes to kick off

1. Hopoate/Funa
2. Funa/Hopoate
3. Parker
4. Suli
5. Garrick
6. Cust
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Levi
10. Taupau
11. Thommo
12. Siro
13. Trbojevic

14. Croker
15. Olakau’atu
16. Keppie
17. Boyle/Sipley

Would not complain if Schuster was named at 14, but don’t see it happening.

Now onto the rest of the season - hopefully Tommy is ready for our game against Souths in round 15. Will be so stressed every time he runs lol, but I cannot wait to see how much of a difference he’s gonna make - if only Fainu could play too :(. I’ve been doing the ladder predictor after pretty much every round to see our chances. If we can get back to the team we saw play the Eels, Roosters, Bulldogs, Raiders etc., there’s still a big chance we play finals. PLEASE DONT COME FOR ME AND SAY THE SEASON IS GONE! Just prefer to look at the positives and whilst I fully understand there’s a possibility we won’t make the 8, there’s still reason we will.

I have spoken to heaps of opposition fans who say that if we get back into form with almost a full strength side and make finals, they don’t want to play us. Because they know if any team is gonna wreck havoc unexpectedly, it’s us. But honestly at this stage, I just want a home semi at Brookie again. What a night that was!

If you don’t believe me, have a play around with the ladder predictor and lemme know what you get https://ladderpredictor.nrl.com/ladder
I actually have had us coming 7th or 8th every time I did it after last nights loss. Obviously really hard to predict what could happen between now and then though.

Anyways, glad to take some minor positives out of last night with our young guns performing well, especially Olakau’atu. Just crossing my fingers for at least one game of finals footy this year.

EDIT: also I just had to add, after seeing @Narabeen67 post about how each game our first set of 6 tells how the game will end up, I told my family and others to watch out and hope our first set is good. Obviously DCE gets taken out and we all were like oh no straight away. Really wanting to see a strong set of 6 next week - because the superstition is true!!!!!
I belive 8th spot is a fight between souths and manly

Spot on. They’re the only team in that bottom 8 fight with a tough draw. Again I think our F/A will come back to bite us hugely.
plus the warriors and parra loss, we win them we are now sitting pretty in the top 8.

we dont beat souths in 2 weeks time we can truly kiss the season goodbye.

i personally think we are gone already but others are more hopeful

plus the warriors and parra loss, we win them we are now sitting pretty in the top 8.

we dont beat souths in 2 weeks time we can truly kiss the season goodbye.

i personally think we are gone already but others are more hopeful

Look the small hope I have is over the next few weeks - I can’t recall the last time we lost 4 in a row, so somehow see us picking up one of the next two games and from then on you would think Tom should be back.

The thing is We are relying on poor form from sides like Souths, as much or more so, than ourselves going on a run when Tom comes back.

Last edited:
Look thing small hope I have is over the next few weeks - I can’t recall the last time we lost 4 in a row, so somehow see us picking up one of the next two games and from then on you would think Tom should be back.

The thing is We are relying on poor form from sides like Souths, as much or more so, than ourselves going on a run when Tom comes back.
i hope u are right also would be nice to win again at home this season surely we beat either tigers or titans at home

There would be hope if we had a full strength team coming together but we don't. AFB gone, Tom doubtful, Walker gone, Sirro Thommo ??, Parker Taupau head knocks. It's just not a possibility with the current 2nd rate availability. They're not up to it and it's an ideal time to give young players a taste of 1st grade. Hoppa and Schuster are a must.

Funa should never play anything other than centre, ever again.
He is wasted on the wing, and is certainly a class above Parker.
Yeah,good player,just needs to work on his defensive reads,got burned twice by Hiku in the first half.First time Jorge got his hand to the pass and knocked it down,the second led to the try right on halftime.Has a lot of upside though....(Matai made some bad reads early on in his career too)

Yeah,good player,just needs to work on his defensive reads,got burned twice by Hiku in the first half.First time Jorge got his hand to the pass and knocked it down,the second led to the try right on halftime.Has a lot of upside though....(Matai made some bad reads early on in his career too)

Yeah I know. The question will be if he learns from those errors.
Im happy to back him in, given what we can all see with his potential.
Parker has hit his ceiling, and should be the back up to Funa, imo.

1 - Tom T
2 - Hoppa
3 - Funa
4 - Suli
5 - Garrick
6 - Cust
7 - DCE
8 - AFB
9 - Levi
10 - Paseka
11 - Jake
12 - Thommo
13 - Schuster
Res
14 - Kapow
15 - Sirro
16 - Alakou'Atu
17 - Metcalf

The selection of Metcalfe could be great with his explosive pace at dummy half and from 2nd phase.
Bringing him on late each half means he's not getting smashed early contacts, yet has energy to attack when they get tired and loose in the guts

ps)
If AFB out a while, Kapow starts and Keppie to bench...when Walker is back, between him and Funa and if Funa is on the improve like it seems...Walker may have to Fight for that spot, not a gimme

Last edited:
I miss the days where we had an 80 min hooker, and the back row all played 80.
Made picking the bench much easier.

Yeah I know. The question will be if he learns from those errors.
Im happy to back him in, given what we can all see with his potential.
Parker has hit his ceiling, and should be the back up to Funa, imo.
Yeah,there is something about him,people might think it crazy but I think(and have thought it for a fair while now) he has a bit of Jamie Lyon about him.Classy player,smart and skillful and seems to make some really quick smart decisions,very versatile as well.

Yeah,there is something about him,people might think it crazy but I think he has a bit of Jamie Lyon about him.Classy player,smart and skillful and seems to make some really quick smart decisions,very versatile as well.

I see Craig Innes. That up and in defence....

The only thing that gives me any solace is we always seem to lose against lesser teams and beat better teams completely unexpectedly.

It’s a slim hope but if there’s life there’s hope !
Never under estimate the human spirit
Whilst there is a heartbeat
beating with passion
there is always hope !

IMG_0788.PNG

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8