Newton calls press conference

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
NEWCASTLE forward Clint Newton has called a media conference at his home this afternoon amid speculation he may seek a release from his NRL contract with the Knights.

Newton, who played his 100th first grade game in yesterday's 71-6 loss against Brisbane, is due to come off contract at the end of this year.

A Newcastle spokesman said the Knights had not been officially notified of Newton's intentions.

In an interview with FOX SPORTS after yesterday's thrashing, Newton made a point of thanking those who had supported him throughout his 100 games.

Formerly a second rower, Newton has been pushed up into the front row by new Knights coach Brian Smith this season.

He represented Country Origin from the bench in the clash with City earlier this month.

Think you missed the point Pepsi. Newton seeking a release mid season...

Oh **** i sure did , didnt I!

wow that would be a turn up, id be happy for it to happen just to see a favourite son leave the Knights and join us!

"interesting, in light of last weeks rumours"...

sorry I was away last week, what runours were circulating last week???

He would actually be a big step up from big Rose. Our bench would look that much stronger.

And imagine in his shoes. Going from 71-6 thrashing to a team who's lost just 1 game by 4 points.

BTW, just a point from that article that interests me is:

"A Newcastle spokesman said the Knights had not been officially notified of Newton's intentions."

The structure of the sentence insinuates that he has been given a choice to make and has not officially replied to it.

And they also say 'intentions'. Intentions to do what?

I would have though they would say they have no idea what the conference could be about.

Sign him up for match payments!!! I don't like the bas*tard, but he would give us some much needed agression. I think he'd go great guns off the bench, or start instead of Willo.

Sign him up for match payments!!! I don't like the bas*tard, but he would give us some much needed agression. I think he'd go great guns off the bench, or start instead of Willo.

Mind you he does look a little like a vintage 2005 king.

[quote author=Crusher Cleal]

Mind you he does look a little like a vintage 2005 king.

[/quote]

What useless?

he is a starting forward for them this year and regularily makes 50 - 60 meters.

Also on LU someone reported a Wiedler scoop at 12pm today.

I don't believe his bull**** but he got some of it right.

"Danny Wiedler was on 2UE and said there is a big fall out at the Knights after the drubbing yesterday.
A "star forward" is very unhappy,if matters can't be resolved there will be a press conference today."

Yeah I know my comment was in reference to

King Vintage 2005 - useless!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4