News: Willie be an Eagle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY supremo Ken Arthurson is convinced Des Hasler can revive Willie Mason’s career at the Sea Eagles.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4507-willie-be-an-eagle.html">Read the full article</a>

when was the last good game you saw this bloke play ? thats right you cant remember either
Save any money that you would spend on him and give it to young Foran
and if is signed who on Manly's bench misses out
Rose, King, Tony Williams, Seu Seu, Joe Galuvao, Shane Rodney,... See More
Matthew Cross (who I rate all of them better than him)

There is four in that list BE that I would gladly drop for Mason. I normally don't go for any dickhead players but for Willie I'd make an exception. Most of his reported indiscretions have been minor and media beat-ups.

Arko is sure in the news a lot lately. Maybe that is the reason the CEO position was downgraded, because we have Arko in the new position of 'supremo'. 

Berks......I watch every game, of every team, and Mason was the one forward for The Roosters that made any impact at the back end of last year.

People forget he has been coming back off very serious surgery.

I would applaud our coaching staff if we could snag that. Also - think contingency. Choc signs somewhere else for a motza (has already stated he will be looking after his family 1st and foremost) - our fall back. Willie Mason.

For Arko to come out and say this he is softening up the supporters for the announcement that we have signed Mason. 

It is only a matter of time.  For $30k why not sign him.  It is probably less than we pay Morewood.

We don't need him, simple as that. We already have an abundance of good forwards.
That $40-50,000 could be better spent elsewhere.

If we could arrange a heart transplant he'd be a great buy at the right price. As it stands the guy has a ticker the size of a pea and is a walking talking ego who falls out with management where ever he goes. Not really that keen on him TBH, too much of a risk on the downside.

I'd have to say i'm a supporter of any decision to sign Mason, for the right money and conditions. Obviously Mason doesn't have a great deal of bargaining power ATM which 'should' humble him a little. The media beat up any reference to him as they are constantly following the guy, or people with mobile phone cameras out to make a quick buck from News Ltd or Fairfax on the back of the likes of Mason.

Agree with tookey that Arko is softening everyone up for the decision. This article contradicts the last from Lowe where he stated there was absolutely no room for Mason, Lowe must be either stalling the release of information or just playing politics. 

Daddycool link said:
We don't need him, simple as that. We already have an abundance of good forwards.
That $40-50,000 could be better spent elsewhere.

That is an irresponsible statement for a player that has achieved as much as Willie. 40,000/50,000? No brainer really, surely? As somebody has already mentioned, we are probably paying Moorewood as much

I wouldnt hesitate in buying mason especially as it is only going to cost 50k. He is not worth 450k that he is on but 50 is a bargain. Imagine mason (when fit after Des has sorted him out) and choc running off our halves. Dont forget snake is back fully fit.

Look out maybe another 40-0. Go you eagles

Who says he's costing $50k?  The good oil is that it would be closer to $200k.  Given the season we've just had in the headlines, and with both Manly and Mason being a tabloid target, I think him coming to the club is diabolical news.

The Storm twice bought reject first grade players on $50k for the season, Clint Newton & Brett Finch.  

Their only minor consolation for the overwhelming ridicule they received was winning premierships in both those years.

Neither had the baggage that Mason comes with.  In fact Finch bought the referees in his back pocket.

Ryan link said:
Berks......I watch every game, of every team, and Mason was the one forward for The Roosters that made any impact at the back end of last year.

Spot on Ryan, for all the crap he copped about performances, it had to just be based on the name because the last couple of months of the comp he was in very good form

He's always been a two hit-up wonder which is more than enough to inspire Phil Gould to wax lyrical.  On the field he is lazy and a defensive liability. 

"No one likes and we don't care"
My mantra has always been they hate us so....**** them !
If willie is feeling the hate, he may just have a point to prove and Manly's may be just the place to do that.

Matabele link said:
Neither had the baggage that Mason comes with.  In fact Finch bought the referees in his back pocket.

Then the only thing I can think of is that Clint Newton must have brought pics with him of his ex girlfriend.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6