News: We'll make your life hell, Brett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>BULLDOGS CEO Todd Greenberg last night issued an urgent plea for his fans to spare Brett Stewart from the vile abuse their heroes copped five years ago. Armed with long and bitter memories from the 2004 Coffs Harbour sex scandal, sections of the Bulldogs Army have vowed to mercilessly shower Stewart with taunts should he take the field for Saturday night's clash. The Manly fullback was last night charged with sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl and a final decision on whether he travels to ANZ Stadium will be made this morning. </p><p>Hardcore and resentful Bulldogs fans, however, are planning to make Stewart's nightmare complete if he plays. Some supporters have been buzzing in cyberspace about venting their frustrations from five years ago at Stewart. Along with Bulldogs players, supporters were also hit with unfair and derogatory slurs for years after the Coffs Harbour case was closed without any charges being laid. Posting on popular Bulldogs chat site The Kennel yesterday, Dogg Stiel said: "I'm going to act like an animal on Saturday night . . . after getting the wooden spoon and years of frustration from the media, I'm going to let out my frustrations." </p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/well-make-your-life-hell-brett.html">Read the full article</a>

Call me weak but i'm not going to this game out of respect to my health.  I've been in a position to witness these fans becoming 'animals' before and it's not pretty and even less easy to get away from. 

Some may think i'm being completely over the top but that's okay, i'd rather be pessimistic and scared than beaten up.

Stay safe everyone! 

And what would most fuel the abuse? The alcohol that Rugby League promotes and attaches to its image.  Ironic, eh?

We all make mistakes, huge mistakes at times.  Sometimes there are huge consequences, sometimes these consequences pass us by. What is important is not the mistake or the consequence - that is past and uncontrollable - but how we respond in this moment.  Like all of us, Brett Stewart has an opportunity right now to put whatever is out of his control, including the past, out of his focus, and to focus on what is within his control right now.  If he does that, then he will see through any taunts as uncontrollable and irrelevant to him right now.  And any taunts will only make him more focused.

call me daft
but isnt this article just inciting crowd violence hows that bloke who is quoted as being an animal his ip should be tracked and he shouldnt be allowed to enter the ground.

missing_something link said:
are you surprised??? there’s some really bad eggs amongst their supporter group, which is sad for the rest of their supporters.

Hey!!!  oh, wait...
:p

Cliffy Gc link said:
call me daft
but isnt this article just inciting crowd violence hows that bloke who is quoted as being an animal his ip should be tracked and he shouldnt be allowed to enter the ground.
The whole Telegraph today is one huge incitement for violence anc conflict.

I cannot believe the manner in which the media behaves on incidents like this. At least now that Brett has been charged they will have to follow legal protocol, as some of them have sailed very close to the wind with their speculation and innuendo.

If there is violence or nasty incidents this weekend, there would be a case for the Telegraph to be held responsible.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6