News: The day the crowd was silent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<div id="article" class="module-content" />
<p class="intro">CHERIE Rose can still remember the silence. Nearly two decades earlier she had experienced a similar sensation.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4274-the-day-the-crowd-was-silent.html">Read the full article</a>

He plays every game as if it was his last. A premiership ring would be a fitting reward for such amazing determination to revive his career.

I've heard opposition fans spew out despicable bull**** and slurs against our club but one thing they can't sink is the great soul that we posess. We have huge affiliations with charities and disability services to help the needy. We generously stuck by Rose and offered him a contract when his career look dead and buried. We have had some of the most whole hearted and honest players in the game play out their careers with us. Players like Toovey, Lyons and Beaver. We came from death to give the most despised team in the league the biggest grand final defeat in history. The late James Brown would even say that we got soul.

I hate the fact that opposition fans decide to turn friendly banter into something more sinister. The way some people carry on you'd think that we have commited war crimes. Some people should get over the fact that we bought blue chip players in the 70's. It wasn't illegal, if you look at it from a realist perspective we were just being innovative with the way that we formed a playing outfit.

Pittwater Legend link said:
I've heard opposition fans spew out despicable bullS**t and slurs against our club but one thing they can't sink is the great soul that we posess.

Yep.  There's soul, a bond and a strength of character in the Manly culture that other supporters just don't understand:

All smites welcomed, all smites looked forward to.  No-one likes us and we don’t care.

Wasn't there another team recently that tried to steal our "No One Likes Us" thing.

seriously other teams with a siege mentality should walk a mile in our shoes

Well said guys.

Mata, Wheel and I met George at one of his very first turnouts for the Eagles. He was a country boy with great humility and one of the most genuine blokes you would want to talk to. I am thrilled for him that he has come back in such a big way.

They are a big family out here and all stick together.

About 10 yrs ago the family house burnt down and they all chipped in and looked after the family, typicla country people I guess you would say.

Good to see the big unit getting some just desserts..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2