News: Target Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't see him leaving. I'm sure he will be re-signed soon. At the risk of telling everyone to suck eggs, they would already have plans for what they want to do elsewhere with other players to free up money.

Phantar link said:
I can't see him leaving. I'm sure he will be re-signed soon. At the risk of telling everyone to suck eggs, they would already have plans for what they want to do elsewhere with other players to free up money.

So theres no room for discussions about posibilities ?

Shane link said:
[quote author=Phantar link=topic=187161.msg328472#msg328472 date=1301384414]

So theres no room for discussions about posibilities ?
[/quote]
Of course there is. What did you want to say?

IMO I think he will stay, he is still at the age where he has a great influence from his family.

Put it this way, we took J.Hopoate when no club would take him, once he was retired we took care of him during his boxing career. He was free to use the facilities. Then we signed his son at a young at of 16 on good money.

I think his family would want him to stay at Manly at this will probably influence his decision, to what degree i do not know but it surely helps.

Ryan link said:
Hopefully, Manly is on the front foot for once. We tend to wait for a player to have an awesome set of performances, then sign them to over inflated contracts.....Cuthbertson as an example.

If we offered Will something like 175k per season for 4-5 seasons, he'd probably take the coin.

My issue is that Lowe seems to wait until everything passes him by, before doing anything.

Time for another session with your quack.

With Wayne Bennett announcing that he is leaving the Dragons, they could be on the lookout for a fullback. Darius Boyd has stated in the past, that he would follow Bennett if he was to leave. Hoppa' s signature on a new, long contract, is the most important one for Manly to get.

Bones link said:
With Wayne Bennett announcing that he is leaving the Dragons, they could be on the lookout for a fullback. Darius Boyd has stated in the past, that he would follow Bennett if he was to leave. Hoppa' s signature on a new, long contract, is the most important one for Manly to get.

Has Boyd got an out clause in the contract or will he have to break it to follow Bennett?

Also what happens if Bennett goes somewhere that doesn't want Boyd? Or can't fit him in?

I'm pretty sure Boyd has an out clause. Any club that wanted Bennett would take Boyd as well to get him.

I'd want a get our clause if I was at the Goons without Bennett.  They really have very little without his skill. 

I really don't think Hoppa Jnr will go any where unless it's to Rah Rah but even then its pushing it with the salary cap now coming into the S15. Hoppa Snr will tell him how the Wests Tigers treated him after the incident. His other relatives I feel also got screwed over at other clubs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4