News: Target Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>THE long-term signature of teenager William Hopoate has become priority number one for the Sea Eagles following his brilliant two-try performance at Brookvale Oval on Sunday.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5466-target-hopoate.html">Read the full article</a>

I thought we had him wrapped up for a while. Lets hope they sign him up in a hurry.

dowdz, no we signed him on a 2 year deal for $200k I thought so up this year

Donko's have some big money for next year.

The Roosters have their own "special" salary cap.

I think some one might be in his ear telling him to stay... I would suspect out of all the players we have to resign he is fairly likely to stay put.

King link said:
Don't re-sign T-Rex and use the extra cash to sign Hopoate. Simple!

This might be what ends up happening. On the other hand, keep Tony and get rid of Kitey?

Jono link said:
[quote author=King link=topic=187161.msg328154#msg328154 date=1301304760]
Don't re-sign T-Rex and use the extra cash to sign Hopoate. Simple!

This might be what ends up happening. On the other hand, keep Tony and get rid of Kitey?
[/quote]

Unless T-Rex has a big turn around in form & proves himself in the trenches I can't see this happening. He is more of a back-rower than a prop anyway IMO.

Kite is a world class prop who gets underrated because he was rubbish in 09. I wouldn't be surprised if he does leave at the end of the year but I can't see T-Rex being the man to come in & replace him. With that in mind, T-Rex should be on considerably less coin than Kitey.

Sign Will Hopoate up LONG-TERM!!!

He is 'special' to quote Phil Gould and has a huge future in the NRL!

TREX isn't playing to his potential, cos he's playing out of position, he's clearly not a center, Hopoate is and should be signed up by the Sea Eagles long-term. Put TRex in the right place and he'll carve up any team.

We can probably afford to back-end a few contracts with the TV rites coming up for renewal, I'm sure other clubs would be looking to do this, lets hope Manly are on the ball.

Hopefully, Manly is on the front foot for once. We tend to wait for a player to have an awesome set of performances, then sign them to over inflated contracts.....Cuthbertson as an example.

If we offered Will something like 175k per season for 4-5 seasons, he'd probably take the coin.

My issue is that Lowe seems to wait until everything passes him by, before doing anything.

So you're absolutely certain Ryan that Des does not have the say on what is offered, when, and on what conditions?

Rex link said:
So you're absolutely certain Ryan that Des does not have the say on what is offered, when, and on what conditions?

I'm sure he does.
Mayer was just as slow in the up-take on signing potential.

There's no way anyone in their right mind with Hopoate's ability would sign a 4 or 5 year contract for 175k a year. Ridiculous.

Volley link said:
There's no way anyone in their right mind with Hopoate's ability would sign a 4 or 5 year contract for 175k a year. Ridiculous.

I agree - that did give me a good laugh.

ads link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=187161.msg328345#msg328345 date=1301365172]

I agree - that did give me a good laugh.
[/quote]

He is heavily prone to injury. He's 18, and would come off contract at 22. Your suggesting that because you think he's a new Greg Inglis, as others did Whare.

It's security for him during his apprenticeship.

Would you rather we sign him for 350k a year for 2-3 years? The Roosters can have him then.

Our depth at centre is too good and strong to pay massive overs for a player. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6