News: Stewart's try, try, try triumph

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
AFTER embracing and high-fiving fans on an emotional lap of honour at full-time in yesterday's match at Brookvale Oval, a smiling Brett Stewart stopped to pose for photographers.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/Sea-Eagles/stewarts-try-try-try-triumph.html">Read the full article</a>

I didn't know what to make of his post try celebrations after the first two. The "lie/stand there blank faced with arms outstretched" could be construed as a bit of arrogance, the look at me I'm back baby and I knew I'd score a try type scenario, very understated. Alternatively it could have just been pure relief.

At least he had a bit of a fist pump after the third, really looked like he enjoyed that one.

I thought the first one... he put his arms up for someone to help him up.

The second one.. he just stood there and robbo lifted him up???

Either way he's a legend and can do whatever he wants after scoring his tries.

When I looked at the coverage in the "Herald" this morning all I kept thinking was, "Wankers. They're using Brett Stewart to sell newspapers again." It reinforced just how much I hate what passes for journalism these days.
Seriously, the news media's relentless desire to cast everything in terms of heroes and villains (the hero falls; the villain is redeemed, etc) is about as subtle as the WWE. But at least the WWE is funny. And it's not real. Unfortunately for Brett, he's not a cartoon character. When the show's over, his life is still there.

it was ****en magic

I dont think ive seen a manly crowd show that much affection to  one player since beaver

And why not
Stewy is a ****en champion bloke and his been absoultley shafted the same bunch of ****s who tired to kill our club during SL

**** you gallop
**** you News ltd

Cliffy Gc link said:
Stewy is a F**ken champion bloke and his been absoultley shafted the same bunch of c**ts who tired to kill our club during SL

F**k you gallop
F**k you News ltd

Personally I think he's copped a rawer deal from the Herald than from the Tele over all of this, to be perfectly honest.

Cliffy Gc link said:
it was F**ken magic

I dont think ive seen a manly crowd show that much affection to  one player since beaver

And why not
Stewy is a F**ken champion bloke and his been absoultley shafted the same bunch of c**ts who tired to kill our club during SL

F**k you gallop
F**k you News ltd

Here here Cliffy Gc

I wasn't at the game but it was just so awesome watching Brett cross over for his 3 tries while they were all great the last one with a good pass from Choc was the icing on the cake.

Brett welcome back to Brookie and the team mate you are a true Champion in every way and in a class of your own.

It certainly was magic. ;D

It was a great atmosphere and the support from the fans was fantastic, as was the support from his team mates.

I was on the fence, holding up a banner and buger it I moved my mum from behind it so she could see....
Brett grabbed her hand and gave her a high 5 and the same for my hubby - all the time I was behind the banner and I missed him....ahhhhhhh oh well - next time...

Welcome back Brett.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8