News: Steve Matai’s set to take flight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
Matai 's future at the club will hinge on Hodkinson staying or going. If Hodkinson signs with the Dogs , Manly will probably retain Matai and push Lyons into 6.
If we lose Hodkinson I would rather us try and look for a new half than move the backline around that much, I think Lyon is having one of his best years for us in the centres and Foran seems like a natural 5/8 to me. Either way Des and Crusher have shown a fair bit of nous over the years in the selection and retention department, so no wrist slitting here.

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=183368.msg263178#msg263178 date=1274521429]
You will note in that article that Foran has re-signed.

He actually hasn't officially put pen to paper, but he's agreed to terms and is happy with the deal so he is staying. Just a matter of time. The relevance is that the money has been allocated etc even if he hasn't officially signed his name at the bottom of the contract yet.
[/quote]

I know. My point was directed to all those that had been saying that nothing had been seen in articles or officially reported of his re-signing. That article was at the very least some sort of confirmation.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=willstyles link=topic=183368.msg263206#msg263206 date=1274591850]
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=183368.msg263178#msg263178 date=1274521429]
You will note in that article that Foran has re-signed.

He actually hasn't officially put pen to paper, but he's agreed to terms and is happy with the deal so he is staying. Just a matter of time. The relevance is that the money has been allocated etc even if he hasn't officially signed his name at the bottom of the contract yet.
[/quote]

I know. My point was directed to all those that had been saying that nothing had been seen in articles or officially reported of his re-signing. That article was at the very least some sort of confirmation.
[/quote]
Yes it confirmed that yesterday someone had fish & chips.

A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.
He is secured only when he has put pen to paper

Why unload Perry / Matai / Hodkinson, when bums like Bailey and T Williams are still in the team?

Dan link said:
A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.
He is secured only when he has put pen to paper

Agreed. Just ask the Titan's management about that Storm player (who's name escapes me at the moment) that they had a verbal agreement with them a few years back that went and re-signed with the Storm with the Titan's ending up getting a couple of Storm junior players instead after going through the court system.

Jethro link said:
Agreed. Just ask the Titan's management about that Storm player (who's name escapes me at the moment) that they had a verbal agreement with them a few years back that went and re-signed with the Storm with the Titan's ending up getting a couple of Storm junior players instead after going through the court system.

Jethro, that Storm person you're referring to is Steve Turner who now funnily enough is at the Dogs.

Verbal agreements mean nothing.

I can't recall what details came out about that, but I don't think the problem was lack of a writen contract, it was the fact the player changed his mind and no longer wanted to join the club. Similar to Luke Lewis a couple of years ago. Even if you can force a player to play for a certain club, is it really going to achieve anything if their heart is not in it?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=183368.msg263391#msg263391 date=1274790456]
Why unload Perry / Matai / Hodkinson, when bums like T Williams are still in the team?

Ryan, you may find it helpful if you watched some games this year
[/quote]

T-Rex still hasn't been brilliant Kiwi. He's been better.

Matai still offers 10 times more to the side.

NO he hasn't, but he has been solid enough, and certainly not a guy you would call a bum and that we must get rid of at the age of 20 as a bloke who will never make it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6