News: Sea Eagles oppose Finals move

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>SENIOR Manly Sea Eagles players have slammed the NRL's decision to move the first week of finals football from suburban grounds.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5275-sea-eagles-oppose-finals-move.html">Read the full article</a>

The article says "The move follows fans' complaints to the NRL and St George Illawarra Dragons after they were locked out of the club's 2009 qualifying final with Parramatta at WIN Jubilee Stadium and their qualifying final against Manly at the same venue in the first week of the 2010 finals series."

I can understand complaints about 2009, but there was plenty of room still for the game against us this year. That just proves Saints fans are whiny little bitches if they complained about not being able to get tickets to this years game.

As stated in some other related posts, this move is another step closer to centralising all Sydney games at the SFS and Homebush. They have done it in Melbourne for AFL. At least their transport is better in Melbourne.

But I hate the idea of losing suburban grounds, and I'm sure Sharks and Dragons fans would agree. I would certainly not go to as many Manly games if our home ground was Home-in-the-bush....

I think it has its good and bad points.

More money for the teams but what happens if you end up playing the Roosters or Rabbitohs or Bulldogs when you are in say 2nd and they are 7th.

It means they get a home ground advantage

I would say that you play those teams at the opposite site to their home ground ie rorters at homebush, dogs at sfs.

I don't really care about the home ground advantage.  Turning people away is just a bad idea, cause there is no guarantee they'll want to come back.

Fluffy link said:
I would say that you play those teams at the opposite site to their home ground ie rorters at homebush, dogs at sfs.

and what happens when you say have a team in 2nd and 7th for instance and each have one of those grounds as their home ground.

It just doesn't even up as fair

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6