News: Sea Eagles' begging bowl

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And to make things worse Niorths who are not even in the compettion have a $10m sponsor

Central Coast Bears receive big boost to NRL chances

THE Central Coast Bears have emerged as front runners to become the seventeenth NRL club - the board accepting a $10 million deal in principle with Mortgage House to underwrite the Bears' desired return to the competition in 2013 in a private ownership arrangement.

The deal has boosted the club's claim to the seventeenth NRL franchise license, which is expected to be announced mid-year when the independent commission is in place.

Lawyers are still running the rule over the deal and it will not go ahead unless the Central Coast consortium's 5000 members agree to it, despite unanimous support for the takeover from the club's board. Bears CEO Greg Florimo said he strongly expects his members to vote in favour of the deal at an AGM, held in the next two months.

Mortgage House managing director Ken Sayer said the Bears' building momentum has prompted NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley to describe the bid as "superior" to rival claims, including, Perth and Rockhampton in central Queensland.

The bid team met with Annesley and NRL boss David Gallop two weeks ago in a favourable meeting for the fledgling club.

"It's hard not to get excited about it with everything that's going on the Central Coast," Sayer said. "I've never been involved in a business where the gradient of growth is as steep as what we have. I hope to be doing cartwheels in a few weeks when it's a definite deal."

I think most on here are WAY off the mark

GL was brought in to do one job and one job only.........be a figurehead while the boardroom troubles were sorted out.
Max has moved aside and new owners are in place and even though they were/are aligned with Max everyone must admit that things are a whole lot better than they were in 09.

As other have said, Quantum must see something in the brand otherwise they wouldn't have thrown there $$$ in.

The Penn's are also to astute and business minded to keep throwing there $$$ in if they didn't think there was something in it for them.

My take on what happens from here.........

GL will finish at the end of the year (as he was always going to do)
A new young CEO will be appointed that everyone will be more than happy with.
IF we don't have a Major sponsor by kickoff, Quantum and probably 1 other smaller company will share the sponsorship in the interim BUT a large company Major Sponsor will be announced before the end of the season...probably around the time that Lowe steps aside and the new CEO is announced.

Mybludog link said:

IF we don't have a Major sponsor by kickoff, Quantum and probably 1 other smaller company will share the sponsorship in the interim BUT a large company Major Sponsor will be announced before the end of the season...probably around the time that Lowe steps aside and the new CEO is announced.

So you do agree that the current CEO is a potential barrier to gaining a major sponsor?
Why wait for season end?

Why has Penn come out and said that the owners will foot the bill in no major sponsor is found. Is he resigned to the fact that there is nothing in the pipeline.

It does make us look like beggars and basically says that we'll take any offer from the first potential sponsor that comes along.

I wonder if Crazy Johns should be targeted now that Delmege has sold his share to Quantum?

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Mybludog link=topic=186294.msg312451#msg312451 date=1295479405]

So you do agree that the current CEO is a potential barrier to gaining a major sponsor?
Why wait for season end?
[/quote]  Maybe they're waiting until after the season launch.  The players might need an experienced cab driver to get them home.  Then at least Lowe will be good for something.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295482853[/time]

Ryan link said:
+ We have a god coaching staff;

Be careful, you'll bring all the fundamentalist atheist loonies out from under their rocks to pronounce eternal damnation on anyone that might disagree with their interpretation of science. 

As for the "I told you so" I think you're preaching to the converted for 85% of posters here.  We can only pray for the coup de grace to be swift.

I remember everyone bagging Ryan and Mata about their views on the current management, they seem to have been right all along :-[

Darren link said:
I remember everyone bagging Ryan and Mata about their views on the current management, they seem to have been right all along :-[

What so u think mata was right in that Penn is the one and only saviour and Max was no good for the club.

Please.

I wonder if Frogz could explain who he would rather have paying his bills if given the choice of those two, and why?

I've been os but it seems to me that our club survives.  I haven't heard of it folding.  All the Henny Pennies and flat earthers are out and about bagging all and sundry.  Penn et.al. have said that they'll fork out the cash to keep the club motoring forward.  And good for them.  It is, after all, their club.  What is it with some people?  My guess is that when the ship rights itself, which it inevitably will, then we'll hear nothing more from the Negative Nancy's, Uncle Matas and his various clones on this site. 

DSM5 link said:
I've been os but it seems to me that our club survives.  I haven't heard of it folding.  All the Henny Pennies and flat earthers are out and about bagging all and sundry.  Penn et.al. have said that they'll fork out the cash to keep the club motoring forward.  And good for them.  It is, after all, their club.  What is it with some people?  My guess is that when the ship rights itself, which it inevitably will, then we'll hear nothing more from the Negative Nancy's, Uncle Matas and his various clones on this site. 

FFS, for someone who is obviously very intelligent, you make some absolutely horrible statements, especially when you have NO idea how the club stands financially.

Did we actually GET a financial statement this year? I forget?

Ryan link said:
Did we actually GET a financial statement this year? I forget?

You won't get one - it is a private company. They don't have to and do not disclose anything other than what they want the press to receive.

can frogs explain to mata that if there was no delmege there would have been no manly & no penn`s lol

I am here sitting, trying to work out if I am one of Mata's clones, a True Supporter or an idealist with my head in my clouds.

Or maybe I have a brain, a heart for Manly and can see the woods for the trees.

The club has to move forward, no matter who saved it. Why save the club and then let it sink into the mire.

Henny Penny might have something to say.

Dave you are one of those who has half a brain and can think, soemtimes you make sense , sometimes you dont, sometimes you agree with the popular view, sometimes you don't. Just like most of us.

ie. a normal person, with no malice and bitterness in your posts, if you have a hidden agenda its very well hidden. i wish I could say the same for all.

Blame the cause, not the disease Fro.  The agendas would be baseless without the dross and mediocrity of the current maialise.  (Can someone translate that for Jumping Jai?)

It's Mod V Mod today!!

Let's make it a Moday

I understand both views and sit on the fence regading them. Unlike Henny Penny the sky won't fall in and regardless there will still be round 1...and round 26, and 24 other games in the middle.

We'll still argue until the cows come home about who should be in, who should be out and who's got the goat photo's.

To me season 2011 can't come fast enough, and I think for many others it's the same way!

hehe Mark Matas Vs me is hardly news. We cross swords everynow and then but neither of us take it personally(well I dont anyway).

Theres plenty of nobs on here other than him :)

Mata i dont blame anyone, its not as black and white as you tend to portray. and if you said it once i'd tend to agree, its the flogging of the poor old equine pal that bores me :)

and I gave up trying to explain anything to Jjai long ago...

And Mark i couldnt agree with you more as far as the footy season goes, those "discussions" are far more fun.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
It's Mod V Mod today!!

Let's make it a Moday

I understand both views and sit on the fence regading them. Unlike Henny Penny the sky won't fall in and regardless there will still be round 1...and round 26, and 24 other games in the middle.

We'll still argue until the cows come home about who should be in, who should be out and who's got the goat photo's.

To me season 2011 can't come fast enough, and I think for many others it's the same way!
  FRame this statement and put it in the bank.  Bring it out in 2014 when there is no Manly appearing in the list from Round 1-26.  Will you support the Bears then?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6