News regarding Barrett’s future coming up on fox league

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Pay 350 more and get Maquire

We apparently saved $350,000 this season and the same amount next season with the cap penalty, so in real-world figures, it would not cost an extra $350,000.

It would probably work out a lot cheaper with the sponsorship someone like Maguire would attract compared to Carty.

damiennp90

Bencher
It really pisses me off what they said about Green.

That's not Baz's job. And that they still havnt filled it is just not acceptable.

Its not about just the $ you pay the top blokes.

Maguire and the like will not come within a bulls roar of Manly under its current sh*tfest.

People laugh off and denigrate Barrett for his complaints (and some rightly so). But irrespective of people's personal opinions of the bloke, he has made it glaringly obvious the owners are not willing to provide an environment that instils any form of professionalism.

Until the Penn's either stump up with what's required in this day and age, or sell, we will never attract the top flight coaches....and most top flight players.

You just know they are going to announce Cartwright. Its almost a forgone conclusion.

I hope they pleasantly surprise us all, amd get rid of him too.

But everything about the way the place is run points 100% towards them overlooking the glaringly obvious.

How any organisation could look to promote the right hand man of a leadership group that has failed its players, is scary really.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You just know they are going to announce Cartwright. Its almost a forgone conclusion.

But everything about the way the place is run points 100% towards them overlooking the glaringly obvious.

How any organisation could look to promote the right hand man of a leadership group that has failed its players, is scary really.

Someone needs to start it, the #sackcartwright thread!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

I’m hoping, whilst not perfect , it’s at least Neil Henry.

If it’s Cartwrong I’m very close to joining my old mate @Ryan and sitting out a season.

If they do indeed appoint the assistant as head coach then just imagine Silvertails in 2019, FMD it will explode!

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Despite my recent Trent Vents I do actually feel sorry for Barrett. He's not the right coach for us. That's obvious. But someone has been giving him very bad advice this year which puts him at odds with the club. I'm assuming it's Gould because he's spoken publicly about Barrett confiding in him. Either the advice is bad or Trent's interpreted it the wrong way and has ended up saying the wrong things. Who in their right mind comes out and bags their employer with a list as long as your arm?

I really hope the owners and managers learn a lesson from the Barrett experience. A coach obviously needs a supportive sounding board and someone to vent to and seek advice from, that comes from within the club. Trent believed he didn't have this so his sounding board was Gould who undermined the club at every opportunity without holding him (TB) accountable at all. Trent's words are hurting his own career and they're hurting the club and being played out in the media with opposing sides.
Nobody really wins. It's sad and It's going to be a rough week for the players.
I hope the next coach's contract stipulates that problems must be kept in house and I hope Manly can keep their end of the bargain too.
What a shyte year.
I feel sorry for Trent because he was a victim of innate human optimism.
Like the woman who marries the man she's been having an affair with, only to be shocked when he does it again to her, or the person who confides in the local gossip, confidant they have a real friendship, only to find her secrets spread everywhere; so we have Trent who watched what the owners did to an absolute club legend and thought it couldn't happen to him.
Human nature at it's best and worst.

I’m hoping, whilst not perfect , it’s at least Neil Henry.

If it’s Cartwrong I’m very close to joining my old mate @Ryan and sitting out a season.

If they do indeed appoint the assistant as head coach then just imagine Silvertails in 2019, FMD it will explode!

Agreed. Henry is the best we can hope for next season. And I do actually think he can do a decent job.

All will be revealed very soon mate.

I'll still be around next year if its Cartwright, but the interest and hope will be very subdued.

Karin

Reserve Grader
Penns are the blame as well, after Bozo left, barret was trying to coach the side, and look at recruitment, and do the head of football departments job, as well as look for sponsors and then making some simple requests to get some minor upgrades - nothing has happened for a year.

Penns need to give more support (i know they are interviewing), Barrett was over his head, some of it not entirely all his fault, he is a rookie coach who is a players coach but really needed help, looked lost after bozo left. Seems just emotionally burnt out, after dealing with the penns and also the salary cap drama and hastings saga by himself.

I get what your saying I just wonder why didn’t Barrett just concentrate on what he as employed to do- coach, and say sorry not my area looking for sponsors etc... instead he got caught up trying to please everyone.

It also bothers me regarding the minor stuff - If he doesn’t have the ‘clout’ to get the club to get him some cheap furniture how can we expect him to have the influence/power to get the best out of a team.

Of course Penns are also to blame, been MIA most the year, we only hear from him when Penn chucks a wobbly or attempts to assert authority.

I just wish Barrett would have taken some responsibility for our results and admit at this stage of his life he took on a job that was out of his league. I am over the blame game.

Clay

Bencher
Where's all those cuck Barrett defenders on here now? You may of laughed at the sack Barrett crew 12-18 months ago but no one is laughing now. Cept maybe Anthony Griffin smug grin

What a waste of a footy side this has been the last 12 months

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Buzz reckons he was about to cry during their interview :eek:

No wonder Manly have no spine under pressure with such an emotionally frail coach :wondering:

Baz is on 650k pa

Damn I reckon if you paid me $650k I could coach the side to the spoon too.

In fact to hell with it, I'll do it for $300k.

Sign me up Penns!

I'll even befriend the players in blatant disregard for professional standards, take no responsibility and carry on like a bitch for free.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18