News: Queensland move in to steal NRL GF

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

blitzkrieg

Reserve Grader
<div id="storybody" />
<p>Queensland's continual battle to steal rugby league's showpiece - the NRL grand final - has stepped up a notch, as Sydney tries to lock in a new 10-year deal for ANZ Stadium.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4683-queensland-move-in-to-steal-nrl-gf.html">Read the full article</a>

their tickets would need to be on average 60% higher to make up the difference in attendance.

I've got to admit that Suncorp ****s all over ANZ as a venue for watching footy at. Makes sense to hold it up there if you had Brisbane or Gold Coast in the GF, or both for that matter. Problem is you can't determine who's going to play the decider until the week before it happens.

As much as it would be nice (I live just a few blocks from Sunnycorp) it will NEVER happen......82500 seats V 52500 seats is the reason, say what they wish they are "dreamin"

Another good reason to keep in Sydney, we have 11 teams within 3 hours drive of the stadium. There are only 2 teams within reasonable driving distance to Brisbane.

Statistically, it would be more difficult for more supporters to go to Brisbane than to Sydney.

There is probably 3 teams in close proximity to Suncorp, Gold Coast, Brisbane and New Zealand (so many Kiwis on GC and in B).

It also depends how much the venue costs, the 30,000 seat difference might be made up by how much it costs to rent for the game.

I believe Suncorp was built in such a way that it can't be upgraded easily whereas a stadium like Gold Coast or the ANZ stadium have been built with modifications in mind. So it will probably remain in Sydney, though i do like the idea of alternate years of hosting. As in 2012 - Sydney, 2013 - Brisbane, 2014 - Sydney.

The Bronco Mail today suggested that the dollars would not be too much different as almost the whole 52500 seats at Sunnycopr could be sold as cat 1 tickets, whereas (as we know) most of the seats at Homebush are sh***ite.

AND

Captain Bligh (Anna for you down south people) has suggested that the QLG Government (they'll need to sell off a few more assets which they like doing) would prop up any loss made by the NRL.

So it "may" in fact have some legs

sounds like a good old bidding war between the states and by the end of it whoever gets the final will be paying overs for it, thats not to say the indirect economic benift will be less.

There are three teams already in QLD mate...I don't think that is relative to the argument...it will come down to dollars, who can gaurantee the NRL the most.....as is usual it's "all about money"

I could see the GF going to Melbourne as a developmental idea, trying to build up a following etc. Brisbane, no, no development needed.

Due to ARL thinking, it may well happen.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
There are three teams already in QLD mate...I don't think that is relative to the argument...it will come down to dollars, who can gaurantee the NRL the most.....as is usual it's \"all about money\"

i said area not QLD. If you count Townsville as in the area then all bar 2 teams are in the area of homebush and thats where it stays.

F**k Queeslanders are stupid.

If this happens we might as well make a bid to hold the Melbourne Cup at Randwick & invite the South Africans into the Ashes.

D1ckheads.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4