News: QLD Premier approaches Gallop about NRL grand final

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Zep

Bencher
A letter from Queensland Premier Anna Bligh is threatening to spark one of the biggest shake-ups in rugby league history - a Brisbane grand final.

In a massive wake-up call for stay-at-home Sydney fans, the NRL confirmed discussions were under way with Queensland Government representatives about moving the decider north. 

NRL boss David Gallop revealed Bligh had sent him a letter earlier this month, in which she proposed the grand final be played at Suncorp Stadium on the back of incredible corporate and crowd support from Queenslanders of late. 

Bligh cited last year's sell-out World Cup final and the fact all corporate hospitality packages for Origin III in Brisbane had been snapped up in a single day as compelling reasons to strip the grand final from Sydney for the first time in the code's 101-year history. 

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/General-NRL/queensland-premier-approaches-david-gallop-about-nrl-grand-final.html">Read the full article</a>

It is an election ploy imo. If by a miracle she wins the election this would be very quickly put on the back burner. And it would be the Broncos and Titans influence on the game that would push it to Qld

It would be like have the AFL final in SA.

neither of which will be there at the end of the year

Gallop has given this story legs with his response.  Bligh will win the election and the Qld league will press on with this move.  Kinda reminds me of the CC thing:  Denials, shifty responses, money, 'it's best for the game', etc.

THe following is Qld is huge. I wouldn't have a problem if it went there every 3 years and to Melnbourne every 5.

It is an election ploy - similar to the Howard government pledging huge money to Brookie in the Federal campaign. Bligh needs all the help she can get!

It will happen one day though I don't like the idea of having non-neutral grounds for big games, though the silly teams that play at ANZ make a lie of that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4