News: QLD Cup: Manly link still flying

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
<div id="storyBody" class="textResize" style="font-size: 13px;">
<p>THE Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles’ feeder deal with Manly will continue next year despite pressure from the New South Wales Rugby League to end the arrangement.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/5165-qld-cup-manly-link-still-flying.html">Read the full article</a>

So again we will only have a squad of 25 players - 17 NRL and send 8 to Qld Cup. Meaning injuries we can only pick those 8 and then from Toyota Cup players. Maybe if they can do deal that we can pick up any player from Sunshine Sea Eagles squad.
We need a NSW Cup side giving us more players to choose from or at least a team in the Bundaberg Cup comp.
Local players are losing out on this decision while we a propping up Queensland Players. 

Just wondering if Scott or Max have any financial ties to the SCSE, could well be an excellent source of revenue down the track.
Personally i would like to see our brand retained in some form on the Sunshine Coast, it's a great area and it can't hurt to have our fingers in a few different pies.

I rather cut any ties with SCSE based on the fact they are trying to get into the NRL and they will target our players 2 or 3 years down the track.

Barry Hyland link said:
I'm confused. Are we having a reserve grade in the NRL next season, or not?

Yet to be decided I think.

It's fairly easy if we decide to have a Manly team but I believe this article says that Des is fighting to have Sunshine Coast still as our feeder. Which to me is a far better idea.

QLD is a very strong competition

Only problem it causes depth problems. We cannot use players who are not contracted to Manly. The Sunshine Coast players are contracted to Qld rugby league therefore Manly cannot use them.
We need a reserve grade team to give us over 30 players to choose from.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8