News: Pride comes before a fall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
<p>There's a fair bit of doom and gloom about the place.  Site owner Dan commented that he hasn't seen a week like it, particularly when one considers our position on the table.  It did get me thinking, and this is what I came up with about our current situation.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/4946-pride-comes-before-a-fall.html">Read the full article</a>

Was your suggestion about cutting the CEO some slack directed at Ryan specifically? Or just to Ryan in general... lol

matas you may need to manually add it to Facebook, there seems to be an issue with things going to Twitter and facebook when I post them

I'm surprised the line about cutting the CEO some slack hasn't turned up i anyone's signature yet.  I think I should qualify it to "temporary slack".

Some good points there Mata....there's no doubt our 'expectations' are higher these days after the 40-0 GF, which in my opinion will never be seen again.

I have followed the Sea Eagles since the late 60's, attended my first game in the early 70's, and have probably missed only 1 or 2 Grand Finals that they have played in.

We have seen our ups...and our downs, none ever worse than the Beagles Days.

The big difference today from those days is the technology...in the 70's you'd turn up at the ground, buy the Big League and find out who's playing....today websites such as this allow the fans to analyse and dissect everything, and discuss and analyse everything...sometimes to the detriment of the club.

I lived in country NSW for 50 years, there were about 5 Manly supporters in the town, we'd occasionally get together for a beer and discuss what was happening but that was about it.

This technology allows people to become "experts" (in their minds), and post radical suggestions and wild accusations...and as I say above at times that is detrimental.

Whilst I love the fact that this medium has introduced me to thousands of fans, and I love the fact that many  of them have become wonderful friends (through MWTS), there's a big downside to this medium as well.

Would for example Poster 1 call Poster 2 a "...." to his face...in all likelihood not.....if someone called me a "...." to my face I'd be more than a tad pissed off....but in this medium anyone can call anyone a prick (or worse) and zilch happens......so they do.

Yes I am probably a lot older than most (although not as old as DSM it would seem) on here, and am a Boomer not a Gen Y person, so don't jump down my throat about these comments, but I do think at times people have to cut other people "some slack".

I have met Lowie a few times, discussed a few things with him via E-Mail and have found him "approachable"...there's no doubt he's in a very different role to Grant Mayer (whom I also had a great relationship with as well).....so I agree, we do need to cut him some slack and get off his back.....BUT I agree WAMF, a Q & A would be great and Vidmar and I are trying to get this to happen!!

Matabele link said:
I'm surprised the line about cutting the CEO some slack hasn't turned up i anyone's signature yet.  I think I should qualify it to \"temporary slack\".

Are you feeling alright?

Could Matas be mellowing  :eek:
I feel as though i have just entered The Twilight Zone

swoop link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=184052.msg275038#msg275038 date=1279151007]
I'm surprised the line about cutting the CEO some slack hasn't turned up i anyone's signature yet.  I think I should qualify it to \"temporary slack\".

Are you feeling alright?
[/quote]  Spiffing.

manlyborn link said:
Could Matas be mellowing  :eek:
I feel as though i have just entered The Twilight Zone

He goes through these phases.

I give it Till Tuesday. or Saturday night if we lose :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4