News: Orford home for surgery

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People can say what they like, but he achieved more than I'd say 90% of other 1/2 backs in the game. It's just a shame he was injured around SOO tme so aften....because I reckon he was made for that arena.

Last time I checked League was a team game. Ox was an integral part of our premiership. The kick into the corner for the second try is testament to that. He did wiin a Dally M that year as well.

I did support letting him go and I don't think anything would be gained by resigning him but he will go down in history as am important player in a top premiership side. To trash him too brutally seems a bit unfair!!

Ox deserves more respect.  Yes he was below his best last year but in 08 he was a massive part of our success, I would say most would agree he was in our top 2 or 3 players for the season.  He won the dally m award, you dont win that unless you are playing well.  Sure it does not automatically mean he is the best player in the game but it does mean he was probably consistently our best player over the season.  But yeah keep telling yourselves it was all Lyon and Stewart.

i loved the ox
he left manly at the right time.

Monas took us out of the basement
Orford took us to the penthouse
40 nil a day ill never forget a day that would never of happened without orford.

At the same time i dont think DCE is the man to play halfback for us id love to be wrong.

Orford ****s out more football skill than Hodko will ever have,he was our club captain and i personally believe he had more heart than most of the players in 2009,Kite was a marshmellow and to many more to abuse from that 40-0 day

I was happy for him to leave as we had this "Great kid,better than Ox" and he cant even roll a ball into the ingoal without it ending up in the crowd somewhere,he wasnt the oasis we needed,merely an mirrage and will have a career of about 15 games with the dogs before they beg Kimmorley back

I think it would be a backward step to go back to Orford. It would also stuff up the team's dynamic having the former captain playing with our now co captains.

Orford went to England at the right time. In saying that have you seen Bradford play they have been ordinary. At this point in time they lost 6 games straight.

As for people questioning Hodko's skill the halves are only as good as the forwards and what they have been dishing out is crap.

At least we're not paying Hodkinson 450K per season.  Shane at least Hodkinson hasn't passed the ball to the larrikins on the hill.  Hodkinson is going OK, it's the front rowers who are bludging. 

Take out two field goals and it has been one downhill slide for TH for more than a month. Positional kicks - zip. Attacking the line - zip. That said I agree about the forwards and have always said these things take time. But with his defection has come a complete drop-off in results.

As for Ox - I don't want him back. ANY player that leaves a club hanging for 8 months in negotiations and then just walks out for a huge pay-day, and then even fails to honour the golden egg of golden egg deals just doesn't deserve another shot.

DSM5 link said:
At least we're not paying Hodkinson 450K per season.  Shane at least Hodkinson hasn't passed the ball to the larrikins on the hill.  Hodkinson is going OK, it's the front rowers who are bludging. 
I agree DSM, and any excess money should go towards addressing that problem. I realise forwards mature with age but I watched a game last Tuesday where Perry was playing Prop for the Knights and he was by far the most dominant forward on the paddock.
I know it's just a game and you will always have winners and losers but our front row rotation just seems to be lacking that touch of mongrel.

I too watched that game MB.  Perry looked kilos lighter, slimmer and faster.  At the moment we seem to have two fat ones and two lazy ones in the front room.  Not good.

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183798.msg270858#msg270858 date=1277885967]
I agree DSM, and any excess money should go towards addressing that problem. I realise forwards mature with age but I watched a game last Tuesday where Perry was playing Prop for the Knights and he was by far the most dominant forward on the paddock.
I know it's just a game and you will always have winners and losers but our front row rotation just seems to be lacking that touch of mongrel.
[/quote]

I agree completely. The reality is that it was there early in the season, so the problem can only be psychological or injury. We lost George to injury and Choc has had a niggling injury or two, but what excuse do the others have.

This is just like last year. We lost Snake and we all thought we would struggle in the backs, but it was the forwards that let us down for the first 10 rounds.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8