News: Not one extra covered seat in $10m council plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
<p>The Manly Sea Eagles are seething after it was revealed the $10 million revamp of Brookvale Oval will not include a single extra covered seat.

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4888-not-one-extra-covered-seat-in-10m-council-plan.html">Read the full article</a>

I have two questions;

Who actually briefed Lowe and did Lowe go talk to the council re the upgrade?

What are they actually spending the money on?

IT's really frustrating when viewed against the millions being splashed around in the south and west (and I notice the Knights are getting a new grandstand to replace a perfectly adequate one).  Not to mention the massive amounts wasted on the Blacktown stadium that is just a park venue.  Can it really be argued that there is no need for a modern stadium between Moor Park and Gosford?

MWSE has taken deposits from existing members for the planned expansion of the Jane Try stand. These would be worthless if those seats aren't under cover. I am at a loss to understand how they could blow $6M and not go through with the agreed plans that have involved Sibraa and even had the support of Kirsch. As Wheel says - what are they spending the money on?

The Wheel link said:
I have two questions;

Who actually briefed Lowe and did Lowe go talk to the council re the upgrade?

What are they actually spending the money on?

Communication goes a long way, doesn't it.

Is the problem with Lowe or the council? There seems to be an anti-Lowe agenda (though he could be a lemon?. It is just very early to make the call in my view) What I need is the facts in order to discern this rather than the 'same old, same old' splurted out by people with a negative agenda. I was a big fan of Mayer, thought it crazy to sack him, but the proof will be in the pudding.

What Brookie needs is more corporate facilities and a stand behind the hill, similar to the one in Newcastle, leaving some grass in front. I liked the plans that were proposed two years ago, long before Lowe was in the place.

Canteen Worker link said:
Is the problem with Lowe or the council? There seems to be an anti-Lowe agenda (though he could be a lemon?. It is just very early to make the call in my view) What I need is the facts in order to discern this rather than the 'same old, same old' splurted out by people with a negative agenda. I was a big fan of Mayer, thought it crazy to sack him, but the proof will be in the pudding.

What Brookie needs is more corporate facilities and a stand behind the hill, similar to the one in Newcastle, leaving some grass in front. I liked the plans that were proposed two years ago, long before Lowe was in the place.

Well, as can be clearly read, those plans have been put aside (for whatever reason).

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8