News: Non-exempt Lyon free to fly with Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
NSWRL general manager Geoff Carr says there is no question mark over Jamie Lyon's eligibility to play for Manly on Monday even though he was excused from playing for Country despite not having an exemption from representative football.

Read the full article

This comes up every time about Lyon, who has now put in the paperwork to be exempt from rep games. What Jamie should have done is taken a leaf out of Matt Cooper's book, who over the past few seasons was picked only to pull out with injury but play a day or two later with St George.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
swoop said:
This comes up every time about Lyon, who has now put in the paperwork to be exempt from rep games. What Jamie should have done is taken a leaf out of Matt Cooper's book, who over the past few seasons was picked only to pull out with injury but play a day or two later with St George.

It should be noted the paper work was submitted after the deadline. Not that he'll get picked for NSW or Australia, but as far as I'm aware he is eligible to do so and pulling out would result in him being stood down from us if there was a corresponding Manly game.

Masked Eagle said:
swoop said:

It should be noted the paper work was submitted after the deadline. Not that he'll get picked for NSW or Australia, but as far as I'm aware he is eligible to do so and pulling out would result in him being stood down from us if there was a corresponding Manly game.

No, Swoop's right. Cooper was never stood down from St George, so how could Lyon be?

Masked Eagle said:
swoop said:

Yeah he did submit them late and would have to play if picked. But he should play the Matt Cooper card if selected.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6