News: Next Gen: Young Eagles step up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A few weeks ago nearly every NRL game had a Toyota Cup graduate polling Dally M points. This week, Manly’s Under 20’s graduates scored a clean sweep. As the Sea Eagles downed the Warriors 20-10 in Saturday’s NRL contest, Keiran Foran, William Hopoate and Jamie Buhrer claimed the 3, 2 and 1.

Read the full article

I did write the other week that a reliable source told me that Des thinks highly of Stromquist. He has put some size on last year and tackles like a demon. He is putting lots of effort into getting quicker. He lives and breathes footy and wants to make it to the top. Parra are sniffing around too!!

Beginning of the year most thought (including me) thought we might struggle with depth but it seems we have an abundance of talent waiting in the wings.

its looking like our youth seems to be shining, the way the League is going it is going to have a lot of players sourced from the younger grades so it is going to be a faster higher scoring game going forward

The hope I have is that this batch of young players is evidence of a great junior development system, and not just a fluke. It would not surprise me at all if it was all part of Haslers second 5 year plan. First 5 years - buy the players needed to win a comp, second 5 years grow the players needed to replace them and do the same.

One thing for sure, with this bunch and the ones to follow them in years to come we will be able to watch almost any game of NRL and see footballers of huge talent who started their days here.

I have kept saying this but kept hearing the old experience thing all the time. We have a load of talent in lower grades. Cunningham, Stromquist, Higgins, Riccardi, Whare are all around 20 and ready to step up next. Yes, totally agree we need Jamie and Hoppa and Oldfield but the Buhrer's, Hoppa's, Oldfield's are fast, fit, energetic and want to show themselves. Cross, Seu Seu been around too long. Howvere, Joe has been wonderful, hopefully all season though.

Lussick is a good talent too. Apparently he is so good that he can score four tries in a match without you noticing. He must operate in stealth mode or something.

why weren't you there then Gronk, love to see some supporters turn up? Tell me, what do you think of some of our junior kids? What about Drinkwater or Sipley? What do you think of their start this year? Do you think Lussick is going good in NSW Cup?

I am guessing that he means he does not comment on things he has NFI about. Its a good rule to follow as it can make someone look stupid. He might also be insinuating you have NFI.

For the record I like your juniors posts. I then know the ones you rave about wont make it and the ones you bag will :) For the record I would probably have the same record if I tried commenting. Thats why I trust Des and the coaching staff.

The Gronk said:
You wont find me commenting on something I don't have all the facts for Darren.

Then why do you talk about sex and women so much?

The Gronk said:
You wont find me commenting on something I don't have all the facts for Darren.

lol Gronk, if that were truly the case there is no place for you at Silvertails :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2