NEWS: Myles' return a big boost for team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Myles' return a big boost for team

Wayne Cousins
Sun 24th July, 09:16AM

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Coach Trent Barrett has praised the off-field leadership shown by Nate Myles ahead of the Qld Origin’s return tomorrow night.

Myles has not played for the Sea Eagles since suffering a knee injury in the round 14 loss to Penrith at Brookvale Oval.

Welcome back Nate. Let's go Manly!
He has had a pretty lean workload so far this year, I'm expecting a big finish from him over the last 7 games. Looking forward to it.
NYEagle

He always gives a So So performance.

do you mean so so from Orange in the new black?

tumblr_n6sj7bUoyg1qfiomvo1_1280.jpg

In the fair dinkum department, what did people really expect from Nate this year? Did anyone think we were getting a blockbusting front rower with an unstoppable offload that can go nonstop for 80 minutes each week?

If you did, I suspect you haven't been watching Nate over the last few years. You probably also think that our side is the equivalent of the Qld SOO side too, therefore he should be able to perform for us at the same level he can for Qld.

Nate is here to do a job, and I think he's going OK. We should ask the young forwards if they like having him on the ground with them, or barking at them on the bench for that matter. It would surprise many on here how highly the players rate Nate, and his efforts. Trent too for that matter.

I'm glad he's back and I hope he has a ripper!

It was a big play by Barrett to rest him for the Warriors minus the others too. Lucky we got away with it, and now that will work in Manly's favour too.
NYEagle

In the fair dinkum department, what did people really expect from Nate this year? Did anyone think we were getting a blockbusting front rower with an unstoppable offload that can go nonstop for 80 minutes each week?

If you did, I suspect you haven't been watching Nate over the last few years. You probably also think that our side is the equivalent of the Qld SOO side too, therefore he should be able to perform for us at the same level he can for Qld.

Nate is here to do a job, and I think he's going OK. We should ask the young forwards if they like having him on the ground with them, or barking at them on the bench for that matter. It would surprise many on here how highly the players rate Nate, and his efforts. Trent too for that matter.

I'm glad he's back and I hope he has a ripper!

Personally, we are getting exactly what I expected from Nate. That's why I was never keen on his signing. Especially if it was anywhere near the reported $500k per season.

Personally, we are getting exactly what I expected from Nate. That's why I was never keen on his signing. Especially if it was anywhere near the reported $500k per season.

I agree. I was never excited about his signing either. It didn't make a lot of sense to me, but if his presence has a positive effect on our younger blokes, then I guess he was worth it. I'd love to have the opportunity to ask Jake if Nate has had any influence on his game at all. Darcy for that matter as well. Just out of interest. No points need proving in my eyes.

He is so slow,lussick was leading the way last night,then they sent backwards with Myles,plus he was on too long.don't really the big slug

Ok Nate. First game back and what did you do?

Well the first two tackles, you missed. You cost us two penalties and then you went MIA for the next 10 minutes.

I hope you screamed at the forwards 'cos if you led as example - then we're in a lot of trouble!

I think Starling has been watching you play 'cos he's the same. He misses integral tackles, loses the ball and has penalties against him.

Give me Darcy Lussick any day against these two plodders. Darcy's foul-aggression has been tempered and now plays like a cool-headed hard running, hard tackling prop.

Trent says that he's a big part off the field. Well, stay there, Nate.
On the field you're a liability!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4