News: Manly turn corner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>While the obituaries were being prepared on Manly's premiership chances last month, coach Des Hasler knew better than to panic.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4995-manly-turn-corner.html">Read the full article</a>

Not sure who 'we' is here Manly to win.
Faith is a bit too religious for me anyway; confidence is what I have that dessie is doing a pretty good job.

Injuries (and suspensions) to key players combined with the inexperience in the playmaking roles was the most obvious reasons for the slump imho. Foran seems to be finally getting back into full stride, Lyon is definitely. Add Matai back on the field and the backs suddenly look alot more menacing and solid defensively.

Trying to be as 'objective' as possible, I think if we had B stewart (untroubled by a criminal prosecution) in full flight we would be sitting pretty for a premiership tilt. Without that extra worldclass gamebreaker I suspect we will cause some serious trouble but am less confident we have the goods this year.

On the other hand the other teams are no certainties at the sharp end of things so with our experience we have a shot at it (parra or the broncos probably the biggest threat here, even if the dragons should win the comp if they don't choke yet again....)

I remain unconvinced. I will change my mind if we finish in the top 4. We won't even come close if we aren't. The games against Melbourne, St George, Warriors & Easts will be key. We should beat Newcastle & Canterbury as a matter of course, but then I thought that about the Canberra game too.

I did the Ladder predictor on the NRL site and even being optimistic about some of the results and allowing for us to lose only one more game, we finish in 3rd place.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4