News limited jumping on the MANLY bandwagon ????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Seems to me news limited are jumping on the manly bandwagon. For the 2nd time this week they have had a good story about manly. Early in the week they had a story about our defence (half page too)
In tomorrows telegraph there is a good storry about Brett Stewart (full page). Talks about his try scoring and how he has the best try scoring recond averages per games played for current players. The wombat beleaves he will be the 1st player to score 250 trys in australian rugby league during his career.

For the last 7-8 years they bag us and wrote anything they could to knock us down. Now we are on top and looking like a premiship force again they want to jump on board the sea eagle express.

There was a double page spread on Brett Stewart in the "main game" section of the Saturday courier mail. It had his stats and that is try scoring percentage is 81.2% or something with 52 tries in 69 games.. next closest was timana tahu on about 72%.

Also, had Gary Jack rating ALL fullbacks in the comp and he had Brett Stewart rated no.1 with Billy Slater 2nd and Karmicheal Hunt 3rd.

The article's headline was "The Baron of Brookvale"

Was a top read :)

For the last 7-8 years they bag us and wrote anything they could to knock us down. Now we are on top and looking like a premiship force again they want to jump on board the sea eagle express.
Fancy the media bagging a team when there struggling and praising teams when there successful :roll:

I wouldn't expect anything less of any media source.

It's what you've gotta do to make money.

There was a double page spread on Brett Stewart in the \"main game\" section of the Saturday courier mail. It had his stats and that is try scoring percentage is 81.2% or something with 52 tries in 69 games.. next closest was timana tahu on about 72%.

Also, had Gary Jack rating ALL fullbacks in the comp and he had Brett Stewart rated no.1 with Billy Slater 2nd and Karmicheal Hunt 3rd.

The article's headline was \"The Baron of Brookvale\"

Brett Stewart IS the no 1 fullback of the comp, yet he cant get a start ahead of the ALMIGHTY HUNT. What a load of ****. I also feel for you Nutz, trying to watch the Broncos game last night listening to Walters and Ikin carry on about the almighty Broncos just ****ted me to tears. I realise they send the second string Commentators to the Broncos game but dead set , to have to former players as commentators , with one the son-in-law and another still on the staff is crap. Storm were far better then them , yet all you heard was , the Broncos will come back , they're tough , look out , here come the Broncs. Just unproffesional.

[quote author=Nutzcraw]
There was a double page spread on Brett Stewart in the \"main game\" section of the Saturday courier mail. It had his stats and that is try scoring percentage is 81.2% or something with 52 tries in 69 games.. next closest was timana tahu on about 72%.

Brett Stewart IS the no 1 fullback of the comp, yet he cant get a start ahead of the ALMIGHTY HUNT. What a load of ****. I also feel for you Nutz, trying to watch the Broncos game last night listening to Walters and Ikin carry on about the almighty Broncos just ****ted me to tears. I realise they send the second string Commentators to the Broncos game but dead set , to have to former players as commentators , with one the son-in-law and another still on the staff is crap. Storm were far better then them , yet all you heard was , the Broncos will come back , they're tough , look out , here come the Broncs. Just unproffesional.

[/quote]

He actually got the flick from the broncos and is now tied up with the Tits. Don't disagree with your comments though.
It's the only bad thing about living in QLD. At least bombers not commentating as well!

cheers flip

good read

only 28 players since 1971 have scored 100 tries in their careers, stewy looks set to top that before he is 25

[quote author=earl]
[quote author=Nutzcraw]

[/quote]

He actually got the flick from the broncos and is now tied up with the Tits. Don't disagree with your comments though.
It's the only bad thing about living in QLD. At least bombers not commentating as well!

[/quote]
ahh ok nodd,
Cheers. I didnt know that. Still severly bias though , and that shouldnt be the case when commentating on TWO teams.

cheers flip

good read

only 28 players since 1971 have scored 100 tries in their careers, stewy looks set to top that before he is 25

Seems to be a bit more common these days when i am looking around the games and see the stats, a lot more young players with lots of tries. Slater and Stewart are the obvious ones, and you see the guys like Gasnier and Cooper etc who are all well past 70 with plenty of years left

The commentary on the Brisbane game last night was diabolical.

With Ikin calling them the Bronk Hos
Walters mincing every consonant and barely inteligible
Gilbert jabbering on like a two bit idiot

All orchestrated by Voss the ringmaster who sounded like he was about to go mad himself.

Awful.

[yet all you heard was , the Broncos will come back , they're tough , look out , here come the Broncs. Just unproffesional.

I like your rendition Earl :lol:

And add this lot which i also heard.......... : never say die bronks, they will never give in, fight until the 80minute finishes, they are out on their feet but wont stop coming, brilliant despite being completely exhausted.

A long way over the top really :roll:

yep, majorly painful

at the end of the day it was worth it to see them lose another and sitting pretty down the bottom of the table

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4