News: Hopoate may leave NRL to become a missionary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bob dylan said:
Captain of the Gate said:
Someone get him a copy of this
small.DAWKINS_The%20God%20Delusion.jpg

I have read that book and it really upset the "believers".

In the fair dinkum department they tell kids when they are 9 or 10 santa is not real so why do they persist with this "god" stuff.

Why do they persist with this God stuff? What's your criteria?

Physical health? People who follow the religious mandates of the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) have been found to have death rates from cancer and cardiovascular disease of about half of the general population.

Happiness? Who's happiest? Are you sure teenagers following the Mormon health codes and beliefs (abstinence from alcohol, smoking, etc) are less happy than typical modern teenagers who often become addicts or alcohol bingers?

Inner Peace? Until you've practiced surrender how do you know it provides less inner peace than following your current beliefs?

Ultimate truth? - Even Dawkins admits he can't be certain there's no God. More interesting than theories about ultimate truth are where does belief in God lead, and where does belief there is no God lead? And where does pure open-mindedness on the subject lead?

The Dawkins book became very popular because it is an atheist saying exactly what self-identified atheists want to hear. Does his attack on the churches weaken the churches? Make up your own mind. Amazon reckons the phenomenon of Dawkins' God Delusion book led to increased sales of religion and spirituality books by 50% and of the bible by 125%.

Will Hopoate appears very grounded. Who are we to be certain that his beliefs haven't been helpful for him.

I'm not really into this religious stuff but a question why cant he go on a mormon mission say when he is 30 or so

Rex said:
bob dylan said:
Captain of the Gate said:
Someone get him a copy of this
small.DAWKINS_The%20God%20Delusion.jpg

I have read that book and it really upset the "believers".

In the fair dinkum department they tell kids when they are 9 or 10 santa is not real so why do they persist with this "god" stuff.

Why do they persist with this God stuff? What's your criteria?

Physical health? People who follow the religious mandates of the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) have been found to have death rates from cancer and cardiovascular disease of about half of the general population.

Happiness? Who's happiest? Are you sure teenagers following the Mormon health codes and beliefs (abstinence from alcohol, smoking, etc) are less happy than typical modern teenagers who often become addicts or alcohol bingers?

Inner Peace? Until you've practiced surrender how do you know it provides less inner peace than following your current beliefs?

Ultimate truth? - Even Dawkins admits he can't be certain there's no God. More interesting than theories about ultimate truth are where does belief in God lead, and where does belief there is no God lead? And where does pure open-mindedness on the subject lead?

The Dawkins book became very popular because it is an atheist saying exactly what self-identified atheists want to hear. Does his attack on the churches weaken the churches? Make up your own mind. Amazon reckons the phenomenon of Dawkins' God Delusion book led to increased sales of religion and spirituality books by 50% and of the bible by 125%.

Will Hopoate appears very grounded. Who are we to be certain that his beliefs haven't been helpful for him.

Rex I don't want to upset you but I must say I have grave doubts that you really exist. I think you might just be a forum concept :)

Dawkins does not admit he doesn't really know. He is very very very clear on that point, he believes he knows whole heartedly that there is no god

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Rex I don't want to upset you but I must say I have grave doubts that you really exist. I think you might just be a forum concept :)

SER8, yeah, me too. You've read a bunch of letters on your computer screen and formed a concept about me. And I've read Marcus Aurellius, formed a concept of him, and he died almost 2000 years ago. Did we meet? Do we?

Good luck to Hoppa if he chooses the mission. But "the next big thing" in NRL and 2 year Morman missions don't seem to mix. His uncle fitted into this category before his mission and now can't get past NSW Cup. And Joel Rapana had a similar experience:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/missionary-man-rapana-set-for-titans-comeback-20110507-1ed6r.html

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6