News: Girl at centre of bashing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If the attackers got charged and asked for a lighter sentence because they were provoked by Matai saying 'ease up cuz' they would be laughed out of court. There hasn't been anything reported here which is consistent with provocation, in any sense of the word.
If on the other hand what Dan & others are getting at is that the attack was not random, then yes that seems to be correct.

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=182300.msg249493#msg249493 date=1263948619]
Im with Gronk on this one. The club (as all others should be) on the front foot in matters where they are confident their players have done nothing illegal.

its about time the cycle of media beat ups are disrupted.

clap.gif

clap.gif

claply7.gif

clapping.gif

[img=400x300]http://punxter.com/pics/G/LTLQ.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Its not that they just didn't do something illegal - they checked to see if a clearly upset woman was OK - isn't that a good thing?

The Gronk link said:
Its not that they just didn't do something illegal - they checked to see if a clearly upset woman was OK - isn't that a good thing?

Sure, cant argue with that.

From the clubs perspective I would think they would be more focused on the legal aspect when publicly supporting the players.

kingyfan link said:
She was probably a Parramatta supporter still crying at last years grand final loss. 

The guys that attacked Mattai and choc were parramatta players.  Choc and Mattai were asking them if they had won a premiership in the last 20 years.
Or she could be a saints supporter & saints players who are still waiting for a premiership after 31 years.

Dan link said:
Rex can you point out to me where I said it was Watmough & Matai's fault and that they are to blame?

No problems Dan.  You said in your first posting :

so in other words not entirely "unprovoked". 

And in your second posting:

Right or wrong they somewhat got involved in a dispute between other parties, sure the reaction may have been over the top but would it have happened had nothing been said?

If you claim they bear responsibility for provoking the attack, then obviously you are claiming they are to blame and at fault to the same extent.

If the facts are as (initially or subsequently) reported, then no court in the country would be interested in imparting any responsibility to Matai or Choc, or in lessening any penalty because of provocation.  The police overtly cleared them both of responsibility in their statement to the press, so unlike you they do not see them as at fault or to blame.

Duff link said:
I don't think he's saying they did the wrong thing but you surely have to recognise that in this day and age, if you approach a stranger, there's a pretty good chance you'll get your head kicked in (or have to kick theirs in, depending on how good you are in a fight). That's just life these days.

If you ever cross a road, there's a good chance you'll get your head kicked in by a car.  And if you don't there's a good chance you'll get your head kicked in by heart disease due to lack of exercise and fear.

People who are too afraid to even ask a crying woman if she's alright obviously are not going to play premiership level football.

No Rex again I did not say they were responsible or to blame. I merely stated that the media saying it was random and unprovoked.

I have a little experiment for you, go to the Steyne and wait until later in the night when someone is being kicked out and then tell the bouncers to "Ease up"

let me know the result, I already know it. Apparently its an unprovoked and random kicking out.

If everything is as reported then both Matai and Choch should be commended for assisting someone in need. But it certainly wasn't some random and entirely unprovoked attack was it?

For instance someone could be charged with manslaughter because they could reasonably infer their actions may cause danger to others, likewise stepping into an argument between others, you can reasonable infer that you are going to get involved in said argument or fight

No Fluffy they said "Ease up mate" to the guy arguing with her.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=182300.msg249520#msg249520 date=1263962239]

I don't think he's saying they did the wrong thing but you surely have to recognise that in this day and age, if you approach a stranger, there's a pretty good chance you'll get your head kicked in (or have to kick theirs in, depending on how good you are in a fight). That's just life these days.

If you ever cross a road, there's a good chance you'll get your head kicked in by a car.  And if you don't there's a good chance you'll get your head kicked in by heart disease due to lack of exercise and fear.

People who are too afraid to even ask a crying woman if she's alright obviously are not going to play premiership level football.
[/quote]

You're missing the point Rex.

I'm not saying they'd be scared, I'm not saying they should've walked away and I'm not saying they wouldn't do the same thing again.

I'm also not saying that everyone should live their life in cotton wool.

All I'm saying is that in todays society this sort of thing will happen if you make your presence known. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is. You don't have to live in fear of it but you also can't be surprised when it happens just because you were doing the right thing.

And you miss the point too Fluffy.

It's not about being scared or protected or hiding. It's just about not being surprised when it happens. You, living in Doggies territory should be more aware of that than anyone.

OneEyedEagle link said:
I think Nicci was involved somehow  :eek: Stalking Choc and Matai after hours and putting on a sad face and seeking some attention since snake has been in hiding.

Nicci, did you come down over the weekend and get the boys into strife???

Regardless of what was said it's not right that it translated into a beating.
Not involved at all. Still on good behavior bond after charges were filed by the Stewart family. By the way I did not go through Brett's rubbish and peeking through the window was purely accidental.
As for Choc and Matia, speedy recovery to you boys and good on you for seeing to a lady in distress.

The terror on here is resounding.

The fearless are gladiators, the fearful are spectators, analysts and judges.

Duff link said:
And you miss the point too Fluffy.

It's not about being scared or protected or hiding. It's just about not being surprised when it happens. You, living in Doggies territory should be more aware of that than anyone.

not in gods territory, its old school wests territory here

So wordy for one lacking in true understanding rex

Today's Deep Thought:

If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr Braveman, I guess I am a coward.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4