News: Forward thinking key for Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd like to see it.  I like Kite, he's a humble sort of guy.  BUT, I'd also like to see some killer in him.

I wouldn't write T Williams off.

That try he let Souths score off the downfield kick is perhaps the worst piece of back play I recall from Manly for the year or perhaps any year.

On the other hand the award-winning try against the Tigers showed exactly the tantalizing prospect that he is.

Unfortunately he so far seems one of those players that alternate between good/bad and that's not really acceptable at NRL level.

The laziness and general lack of football smarts continue to be a worry despite the obvious size and strength that make him such a prospect.

Still there is time for him to come good, but he will need work harder to be what I think  he should be, an impact off-the-bench forward.

DSM5 link said:
I'd like to see it.  I like Kite, he's a humble sort of guy.  BUT, I'd also like to see some killer in him.

I like Kite as player and would hate to see him go but I also don't think he has the aggression in him.

I also enjoy watching Matai run the bull cause he is like a raging bull and can cause a lot of problems for the oppositions defensive line.

I wouldn't begrudge the club if they got another 2 years out of them and would understand if they had to let them go.

I would be gutted if Gifty was sacrificed to keep Choc.

The NRL really needs to look at the salary cap and provide concessions to clubs for players that are long serving, i.e. 10 year or more, that have had representative honours and are product of local junior development. I'm not certain if that is the exact answer but it really needs to be looked at.

OneEyedEagle link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181891.msg244299#msg244299 date=1255323678]

The NRL really needs to look at the salary cap and provide concessions to clubs for players that are long serving, i.e. 10 year or more, that have had representative honours and are product of local junior development. I'm not certain if that is the exact answer but it really needs to be looked at.

[/quote]

I dont know how to break this to you but that has been the case for years.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2