News: Forward thinking key for Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p class="intro">MANLY is confident of retaining both Anthony Watmough and Glenn Stewart despite the prized backrowers being among a host of star players off contract next season.</p>

<a href="http://www.silvertails.net/news/4331-forward-thinking-key-for-manly.html">Read the full article</a>

Tony Williams? I look at Fui Fui and wonder what if...? If only Williams hit the line at speed!

I am a teacher and I have an nine year old kid in my school rugby league team. He is three times the size of everyone else but he is so gentle that he saunters up to the defenders and gets smashed. If he fired up and hit the line at speed he would be impossible to stop. I try to fire him up but it is not his personality.

Moops link said:
According to the Parra fans I know, he was no loss

which was not the general feeling when we signed him.

they were spewing when he jumped, he was supposed to be the next big thing. shows how risky it is throwing lots of dollars at untried kids.

JWH anyone??

Would also let Mattai go as well as I cannot remember a game this year that he didn't pull up from a tackle holding his neck and/or shoulder. 

He also put in some pretty poor performances this year and lacked pace compared to a lot of other centres going around.

Kite needs to improve this year as well and so does perry otherwise both can go. 

Careful Tookey, Kiwi will be on your tail (metaphorically speaking).  It irritates me that Mattai is going around for NZ, AGAIN!!, in the off season.  Given his well publicised neck/spine/shoulder injuries, surely a good rest should be a club priority, or does Des care.  I'm frustrated.

i wouldnt be surprised to see kite go

i was actually told he was gone at the end of this season.
that hasnt happened yet.

Moops link said:
Tony Williams? I look at Fui Fui and wonder what if...? If only Williams hit the line at speed!

Remember Moi Moi has been hanging around the NRL since about 2003 and only the past year or so has started playing like that, plenty of time of Williams to improve

Wow if you guys had your way every player would be on a rolling year to year contract

Sure each player should be accountable for their performances but some of the crap that gets thrown around here about players is ridiculous.

Take Tony Williams.

He is a kid.

Who missed most of the pre season

He was bought with a long term view of playing him in the forwards.

Due to injuries / suspensions he played on the wing. He was not our best player but was not completely awful

Is it fair to judge him on that? I think not. Give him another year and see – if he is poor again then I will be the first to say I was wrong

Go back through the pages on this site am I am pretty confident every player gets bagged at one time or another.....

Rant Over

PS All that said no way Orford should be for signed up for 2 years....1 plus 1 (in our favour

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Moops link=topic=181891.msg244265#msg244265 date=1255313214]

Remember Moi Moi has been hanging around the NRL since about 2003 and only the past year or so has started playing like that, plenty of time of Williams to improve
[/quote]

Agree 100% he was cut from Souths etc...

Kite's a player who was playing in 09 like he had won his ring and was headed off to smell the roses.  He was great in 08, poor in 09.  Pity really as a lot was expected.  Funny thing here, I agree with Kiwi, I think Big T might get good and take the ball up strongly next season.

I don't know if you saw this DSM, but with about 2 weeks left in the season, there was an article about Kite in RLW

He spoke of his real struggles after his father dying, and he was quoted along the lines of saying that he owes Des and the club. From that point on, he lifted

If he comes into 2010 feeling that he owes Des and the lads something, then hopefully we could be in for a big one from him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6