News: Dogs raise stakes on Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hicks comparable to Donald, one of your best, and you have plenty

People never understand how any good side needs the likes of a Williamson or Bryant in them doing some of the less glamorous work as well

Blowfly said:
While I'm confident of Hoppa staying at Manly I must get this off my chest.

I am getting more and more angry at how the Bulldogs continue to sign players and not be mentioned as having salary cap issues.

Pritchard, Tolman, Graham, Hodkinson, Keating, Millington, Eastwood, Morris, Ennis, Goodwin, Turner, Stagg, Halatau, Paea, Wright, Lett, Tia-Kalifi, Payne, Romelo all came from other clubs in the past three years.

They've also upgraded contracts for Barba, Ennis, Morris, Stagg, Payne and others in this time.

I realise they lost Kimmorley, Hannant, Patten and Idris (rookie contract) in this time but they're now also linked with Will Chambers, Joel Reddy and now have a lazy mill to throw at Hoppa.

They have form on the board in regards to rorting the system and that snivelling Gallop puppet Greenberg can't be trusted.

Then in a media release boasting their win in the Harold Matthews the club trumpet how they have great juniors!!! WELL how about using them sometime then?

That is all...
that always continues to amaze how they can do it and not a word whispered about the salary cap with them

just a thought but i think you will find once clubs know they have little chance of getting a player they push up the bid , the club then has to go close to the other bid in order to keep them , but in doing so uses up more of the cap than intended ,thus having to let go of players that they did not want to ,and in doing so they( the other clubs ) pick up a player cheap ... thoughts ...

Cletus said:
I'd be stunned if we lost hoops, we surely have to only come close to other offers to keep him here. Unlike Hodkinson hes a player we have to keep at all costs, he will be playing rep footy by the time he's twenty.

Maybe even when he's 18. City/Country is still rep footy I believe.

How many knock ons did Bryant average per hit up?
And how fast was Scott Donald vs Chris Hicks? Donald was
sub 10 seconds and the other was around 12 imo

(I have no proof,just memorys of both streaking away for tries)

The Eagle said:

Off course you have no proof because you're msking it up as you go along. Are you drunk or stoned or both?

The Eagle said:

Your not serious about Bryant? He was one of the key reasons for our domination. Every other side suffered noticeably when they rotated their starting props. Except for us. Bryant and King maintained the rage set by Kite and Perry. King missed large chunks of the season but Bryant was the mainstay. He was aggressive in both attack and defence and wasn't a liability at either end. Honestly can't believe someone would say he they were worried about him.

Swoop,neither

He had alot of knock ons,i liked him but his hands were worse than Chocs ever were,now instead of cheering for him when he catches the ball i cheer for Kite when he runs straight

Occasionally he runs hard,but most of the time
he backs into the defensive line or runs sideways
looking for a passing option so he doesnt get hurt

well said Blowfly.

the dogs can Barkoff!!!

i knew that this issue will rise when we signed hpppa jnr up 3 years ago.

Should have signed him up for 5 years at $150K per season back then. BIg risk. but if he was talented enough to play Aust schoolboys when he was 3 years under the age limit. it must say something.

I wonder how many threads we are going to have on speculation over the salary cap for other teams.

Unless the figures were published it is a subjective guess based upon hunch and perception which fails to take into account front ending, back ending, third party etc

Funny the one club that was rorting was rarely mentioned as doing so before they were caught

The Eagle said:
Occasionally he runs hard,but most of the time
he backs into the defensive line or runs sideways
looking for a passing option so he doesnt get hurt

Are you seriously suggesting a guy that has played well over 200 matches in the forwards at all levels of the game is scared of getting hurt ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4