News: Des Hasler praises Manly young gun Will Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY young gun Will Hopoate made a strong case for holding a permanent spot in the centres with a dominant performance in the Sea Eagles' 26-12 NRL win over Newcastle.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5463-des-hasler-praises-manly-young-gun-will-hopoate.html">Read the full article</a>

Agree, superstar in the making....Crusher can pick them well can't he, remember when he was signed at 16 and people said WTF!

We can partly thank Max for that as well. He loved John and was always adamant that at least one of his sons would end up in the maroon & white.

I have a bad feeling he might get some massive offers from other clubs and we will struggle to keep him :(

Dave link said:
I have a bad feeling he might get some massive offers from other clubs and we will struggle to keep him :(
Chin up Dave, I don't think the club will let him get away.

Dave link said:
Just  hope his father is not his manager!
It could end up ugly! :)

Delmege's loyalty to Hoppa snr, when it seemed everyone including a great many here jumped on the media bandwagon, may well have been the telling factor in Hoppa jnr signing.  And this Hoppa jnr may not be the last.

I haven't yet seen David Williams get credit for Hoppa's first try.  Even with Hoppa's strength, without Wolfman's quick thinking the try doesn't get scored. Wolfman had a great game, playing injured.

Well at this stage he is easily the first pick if anyone of the current top line back 5 (B Stewart, D Williams, Matai, Lyon, Robertson) are unavailable.  

With injuries/suspensions/test matches/city country/origin, he'll play about half the games at least this year, and will soon have a full time position, possibly on the wing for Robertson.  

At 19 i think it's best if he isn't made to play every single week.  Ease him in to it.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Agree, superstar in the making....Crusher can pick them well can't he, remember when he was signed at 16 and people said WTF!

Crusher can pick them but with all due respect it wouldn't have taken much to notice his talent.  Its like the Roosters Peter O'Sullivan claiming to be a great judge of talent because he spotted GI and Folau.  Real hard to pick out the kid scoring with every touch, who is twice as fast and bigger than all the other kids that he might be worth chasing.

As for keeping Hoppa.  We are probably lucky in a way he's off contract this year because if it was 2012 or 13 than we might have a couple of new clubs in the picture who would be willing to spend bucketloads on a kid as talented as he is.  I'm a little worried he will be tempted but hopefully will stay, but what we need to do is find a spot for him in our starting 13 each week.

ManlyBacker link said:
We can partly thank Max for that as well. He loved John and was always adamant that at least one of his sons would end up in the maroon & white.

Can't have been... it was all Penn and Zorba for sure. ;)

More serioulsy it was great to see him and hopefully he's a one club man.

Young Hoppa gave Junior Sau a bath yesterday, impressive effort considering Sau is no slouch and a pretty solid human himself.

Surely it's a no brainer to re-sign hoppa to a nice contract, with trex off contract this year, and maybe cross?

I love the guy but im looking at Robbo to be cut for Hoppa
Its definatly heartbreaking but its pretty much what would be right in a proffesional sense

Shane link said:
Its definatly heartbreaking but its pretty much what would be right in a proffesional sense

Absolutely. Robbo is an excellent player, but for how long (and for how much) will he be able to continue his quality? In terms of looking at the future, Hoppa is the way to go with Robbo moving to the UK.

Rex link said:
Delmege's loyalty to Hoppa snr, when it seemed everyone including a great many here jumped on the media bandwagon, may well have been the telling factor in Hoppa jnr signing.  And this Hoppa jnr may not be the last.

I haven't yet seen David Williams get credit for Hoppa's first try.  Even with Hoppa's strength, without Wolfman's quick thinking the try doesn't get scored. Wolfman had a great game, playing injured.

Totally agree with that. Hoppa showed great strength but ithout Wolfman hitting & moving the pack he doesnt score.

codewana link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=187144.msg328108#msg328108 date=1301294942]

Absolutely. Robbo is an excellent player, but for how long (and for how much) will he be able to continue his quality? In terms of looking at the future, Hoppa is the way to go with Robbo moving to the UK.
[/quote]

I hope he moves to France or Warrington

It does Mark,its very sad......i dont want him to go but someone has to accommodate Hoppa Jnr.....Wolfman has all his speed still.....Robbos is falling and in my opinion will not be part of the top 17 in the near future....i'll miss him alot

Shane link said:
It does Mark,its very sad......i dont want him to go but someone has to accommodate Hoppa Jnr.....Wolfman has all his speed still.....Robbos is falling and in my opinion will not be part of the top 17 in the near future....i'll miss him alot

Such a durable player and still knows how to find the line, i think he still has at least another year in him.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8