News: Delmege to Gallop: We want our money back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
<p>MANLY saviour Max Delmege has called for the NRL to reinstate Brett Stewart as the face of the game and to hand back the $100,000 fine imposed on the club as the feud between the warring parties escalates.</p>

<a href="http://silvertails.net/news/5425-delmege-to-gallop-we-want-our-money-back.html">Read the full article</a>

Someone has to keep the pressure on Gallop otherwise the news ltd papers will try and bury it.

slightly different angle with some great truths such as the at the time what he needed was to be playing football.

They might as well go and report from the Corso what people think the NRL do.  They have as much of a stake in the club as Delmege does these days.

Ancient history.  Maybe we could build a statue for him if it means he would mind his own business.

Shane link said:
Dont take Mata's trollbait,he knows without Delmage manly would be dead as the bears

That's true mate and we all appreciate what he did. But it certainly does not  mean we have to agree with very thing the guy has done since. There was no need for him to push our CEO out before walking himself. If he wanted out, why not just go?

please oh please shut up.

You saved our club and for that we will be forever greatful, but why bring this up again its been discussed all week, it was time to move on

Cambo link said:
please oh please shut up.

You saved our club and for that we will be forever greatful, but why bring this up again its been discussed all week, it was time to move on

Why time to move on? **** Gallop and keep at him as long as possible. The return of the 100k would be a move in the right direction.

Shane link said:
Dont take Mata's trollbait,he knows without Delmage manly would be dead as the bears

The facts don't support this position. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Delmege and what he did (Thanks Max), but the truth is that the club had already made a deal with Penn to save the club when Delmege made a bigger offer. 18 months later the Penn family became involved as well and would have saved the club in the first instance if Max hadn't effectively outbid the Penns.

No doubt Max wants the money returned so he can put his hand out for some of it.  The usual self interest disguised as "philanthropy" for which the great unwashed herd of Manly fans should forever slobber at his boot for. 

Matabele link said:
No doubt Max wants the money returned so he can put his hand out for some of it.  The usual self interest disguised as \"philanthropy\" for which the great unwashed herd of Manly fans should forever slobber at his boot for. 

Now that is a pile of pure gibber. Do you actually believe what you sometimes put out?

Matabele link said:
No doubt Max wants the money returned so he can put his hand out for some of it.  The usual self interest disguised as \"philanthropy\" for which the great unwashed herd of Manly fans should forever slobber at his boot for. 

Now it starting to get tiresome and unwarranted, give it a rest. You've hijacked nearly every recent thread with the same ****.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186830.msg322834#msg322834 date=1299991068]

Now that is a pile of pure gibber. Do you actually believe what you sometimes put out?
[/quote] Absolutely he'd make a play for some of it.  It's hypothetical though, it will never be returned.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299993758[/time]

swoop link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186830.msg322834#msg322834 date=1299991068]

Now it starting to get tiresome and unwarranted, give it a rest. You've hijacked nearly every recent thread with the same s**t.
[/quote] Yeah, yeah, I'll put it back on the shelf for a while.

Ralphie link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186830.msg322779#msg322779 date=1299982442]

The facts don't support this position. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Delmege and what he did (Thanks Max), but the truth is that the club had already made a deal with Penn to save the club when Delmege made a bigger offer. 18 months later the Penn family became involved as well and would have saved the club in the first instance if Max hadn't effectively outbid the Penns.
[/quote]

I'm not stiring here, I'm interested. So why didn't the club hold out for a higher bid from the Penns? Surely it was in a dream position, two wealthy potential buyers bidding for it. Or did the Penns not want to make another offer?

why wouldnt he want the money back. Even if its just to rechrome his dunny brush. While everyone has a different slight on max, the penns and the rest, its not warrented to be part of this thread really

Remember that money was probably siphoned off to help keep melbourne afloat in the long run

Has the anti max faction reached that point where that is a better result

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4