News: Brookvale Oval just not up to scratch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brookie has poor facilities? tell me something i didn't know.

If only the manly warringah area was not such a safe liberal seat then Brookie may have had the funding it needed years ago.

Also they will only build the eastern stand if they manage to get another $10Mill from federal government. When do they renovations start BTW?

not sure if its part of the renos but i noticed a concrete footing with bolts sticking out of it (fenced off) near the gate on the south eastern side. Margninally bigger than when they put the lights in a couple of years back. Anyone know what this is for?

Probably in the very, very small minority here, but as long as I can stand on the hill and watch the footy I don't care what else is around it, although it could do with some improving

ManlyBacker link said:
It was cold sausage rolls and warm beer on Monday night. It was warm beer on the previous Sunday afternoon. How hard is it to get a $5 product chilled prior to serving patrons? A bloody joke. The only good thing is that every one has learnt how poor the product is and the queues were non-existent.

I go to the small bar tent at the rear corner of the hill (NE) the beer is in ice tubs and seems to be colder than the other bar in the centre of the hill. IMO anyway.

ManlyBacker link said:
nicci - you cannot bring in any food or beverage product that is clearly branded. I got in with a water bottle and the label was removed. It is part of the agreement with the caterers (certainly was last year). The days of bringing in a partly filled eski are long gone.

The plans for the Brookie development includes a hill area. If all the funds needed are obtained an eastern stand is planned but it will be built at the very back of the hill, leaving a grassed area. That is if it goes ahead in the current format.
Great news about the hill. I personally hate sitting in rows of plastic seats as you have to go past everybody's legs and it's very restrictive. I believe it's much easier to move around on a hill.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=179930.msg216640#msg216640 date=1238557236]
nicci - you cannot bring in any food or beverage product that is clearly branded. I got in with a water bottle and the label was removed. It is part of the agreement with the caterers (certainly was last year). The days of bringing in a partly filled eski are long gone.

The plans for the Brookie development includes a hill area. If all the funds needed are obtained an eastern stand is planned but it will be built at the very back of the hill, leaving a grassed area. That is if it goes ahead in the current format.
Great news about the hill. I personally hate sitting in rows of plastic seats as you have to go past everybody's legs and it's very restrictive. I believe it's much easier to move around on a hill.
[/quote]

i use to think that when the crowds were less than 10k now i prefer the stands becuase you actually see the game and dont have to deal with the multi tude of teenagers there who are there to hang out with their friends and get in the way........I'm 27 going on 50 obviously

I got to laugh at those kids. They pay money to get in and sit with their backs to the game. Surely they could just sit across the road at maccas.

Ryno link said:
I got to laugh at those kids. They pay money to get in and sit with their backs to the game. Surely they could just sit across the road at maccas.

exactly but it ****s me when they are in my way of seeing the game.

I am just thankful they are pumping money into the club (hopefully under age drinking their warm beers...and not getting too tired walking laps...)

I like them at the game.  They provide some entertainment, especially when those security goons tread on everyone to get at some kid giving them ****.  They pay the money to come in and good on them.  They provide voice to chants as well.  More power to the teens. 

I saw 1 of them one day and could not believe it

Girl woulda been around 14-15 I suppose, Brand new Manly jersey on which would have set the parents back a bit, and with a vivid she had written "Eat my arse" on the back of it

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Probably in the very, very small minority here, but as long as I can stand on the hill and watch the footy I don't care what else is around it, although it could do with some improving

I love it too  :) I don't care that the hill is a bit scabby and that Brooky is not ultra-modern, but I think the main issue here is the level of food/beverage service.

For someone like me (and I'm sure a lot of people would be in this situation).. On Monday I rushed from work straight to Brooky, just making it on time.. You need a little feed and a drink.. But the service was awful (girl serving was so rude and slow!) the booze was warm.. It's not good enough!

Since the club aren't running the catering themselves, surely they're in a position to get angry at the caterers and tell them to pull their socks up?? Why has this been an issue for so long?

Everyone of those pesky teenages blocking our view on the hill, and chatting with their back to the footy, is a potential long term supporter.  Not to mention their mates.  ... Depending on their experience.  Shame to throw away that income stream because someone didn't think it a priority to cater well or to get them leaving with a smile on their faces.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2