News: 'Brookie' to stand alone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So Glad to see this happen, it's all coming together :D

Post  automatically merged: [time]1290154468[/time]

Rex link said:
Come on Copa.  You know anything positive must by definition be due to others' efforts and everything negative by definition must be directly and solely attributable to Lowie himself.

If a carpark under Manly Oval is somehow now feasible, what about one under Brookie with under the road access to the other side of Pittwater Road?

Solves on street parking problems in Brookvale, makes commercial use of the southern side of the ground more viable, use as all day parking for city commuters, and makes a night out at the footie a more inviting experience.  Also opens up possibility for future profitable development along the Eastern side of the ground in particular.

No Chance of a carpark under brookvale oval Rex, not possible due to the land. However the council is looking at that issue seperately and im sure they will come up iwth something. They own the carpark in windbourne road so maybe they can build below and up on that site?

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=185979.msg306711#msg306711 date=1290137819]
[quote author=Copa Eagle link=topic=185979.msg306688#msg306688 date=1290126530]
cmon guys ! lol. i know most of us arent fans of him, he could be doing more, what i was trying to state is that hes done ''some good things'' ! he could be doing more, and manly as a whole could be doing more ! but really it is good news and things are changing..... slowly !

Haha

I am still trying to get my head around how a sponsor that I read on here left solely because of Lowe not being up to and where the club is going is now buying into the club

Luckily Lowe didn't suggest the game is Asia so that is a great idea ;)
[/quote]
Talk about banging on the same drum at every chance.

Like I said the other day, Lowe could have looked into Singapore or China but instead, he spent time and money, pursuing little more then a pipe dream in PNG.

If Lowe would have suggested Asia, I would have genuinely supported the idea because there is a certain amount of reality attached to that proposition and I believe it will work.
[/quote]

LOL, the Lowe drum has been beating for a year

What money was spent on PNG ?

that depends on how many trips he made and the amount of time he was away for. I can assure you one thing Kiwi, it wasn't free of cost.
And what about all those trips back and forth to NZ? Hasn't Lowe ever heard of Skype?

You seem to know a lot more about the mans travels than I do, I have no idea how his weeks are spent and where they are spent, other than he was at Origin 2 at Suncorp because he was sitting in front of me with the sponsors

Putting aside club politics, won't it be great to see brookie oval revamped.
Let's just hope they can retain a modicum of that local/home ground feeling...some of my best memories involve yelling myself hoarse on a sunny Sunday arvo with beer and a few mates!

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Copa Eagle link=topic=185979.msg306667#msg306667 date=1290121095]
Those that have bagged lowey can jam it !

1.He retained our rep players.
2.Factory outlet opened in 2010
3.Stabalised boardroom fighting
3.Gig on maori television.
4.The push for improvements of brookvale oval
5. And theres more !

all in all its good news, there is certaintly some big changes occuring at manly and its great to see, this makes me even more excited for 2011 !

Dear lord. Can I have back that 30 seconds of my life I just wasted.
[/quote]

What about the years wasted supporting the Bears?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6