News: Broncos have Des on guard

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darren said:
Gronk and Wheel, I don't appreciate your smart alec comments everytime I post. I am 41 with 3 uni degrees with 2 masters attached so I ain't a kid. I'm not interested in debating who is smarter etc but the cot stuff and sg ball stuff is a load of crap.

In my text, I wrote about the annoyance of being under the radar. I get sick of reading about it and believe it is detrimental to our brand and club. No other club gets this mentioned, why us constantly?

In terms of junior players, I will try again, I felt that the 2011 squad was too stacked with 28 years plus players. I do believe it is a young mans game (an ideal age 21-27) however always praise the experience (lyon, kite, ballin, even matai etc) That's my opinion, joe has gone great, so has matai and I have mentioned it this year, some others haven't shown old form, that's the way it is.

I have never mentioned sg ball or toyota cup players taking their spots. I have talked about players for the future. If I have, I'd appreciate you finding where I mention Riccardi, Stromquist, Whare replacing our 1st graders. You write this stuff about me and I get sick of reading where you seem to "quote me!" I don't mind you not agreeing but cot stuff and sg ball stuff is getting tiring.
Darren look at the two teams tonight and see how many players tonight are over 27 then tell me It's a young mans game.

Guys, Darren is alluding to the fact that flying under the radar MEDIA wise, not on the field is hurting us. Flying under the radar on the park is surely a good thing, no?

Darren, I have 100% faith in Perry coming on board. Give him a chance mate. The guys relatively young, comes from a winning off field culture, especially if you consider Wollongong not the most afluent of areas.

I'm betting he has some super contacts in the business field.

Then look at our membership situation. We can critique it, but one thing we CAN say, is its strategies are improving?

So, CEO improving. Memberships improving. Quality / depth on the field, improving (compared to last year). Des, always consistent. Players like Foran, DCE, Buhrer being uncovered by Crusher / Des.

I always respect your insights and detailed junior feedback, so I wouldn't be concerned about what anyone says. Like Gronk says, most things said on here by the original guys, are generally tongue in cheek.

Ok, we have been dumbed down by the rest of the bogans in the past 12 months who have jumped on board, and threads appear like kindergarden playgrounds, but everyone is free to say what they like, and be respected for it.

Even f***wits like DSM5 & co.

Just kidding guys :)

It's all good mate. We are beating them in the trenches on the field. We look to be "improving" off the field. Perry will get things moving. The difference between him and Lowey will be huge.

I would suggest we get as much coverage as most clubs media wise (a guess but still)

Certainly more than clubs like the sharks etc

tookey said:
I don't think that the under the radar attitude is the reason for us not having a major sponsor.

Des' job is to make out football team sucessful which it has been since he took over coaching and we are basically certainties to make the final 8 each year.

Obtaining a major sponsor is surely the CEO's role? John Singleton recently purchased the steyne hotel in manly. Has our CEO met with him to try and enlist his help to secure a major sponsor?

Tookey our CEO is on light duties dont forget :cool:

The Wheel said:
tookey said:
I don't think that the under the radar attitude is the reason for us not having a major sponsor.

Des' job is to make out football team sucessful which it has been since he took over coaching and we are basically certainties to make the final 8 each year.

Obtaining a major sponsor is surely the CEO's role? John Singleton recently purchased the steyne hotel in manly. Has our CEO met with him to try and enlist his help to secure a major sponsor?

So he's not picking AND packing anymore.

Think long term, league is on the cusp of profitability - our owners know that and theyre the ones stumping the cash.

Its funny that you complain about constantly reading of us flying under the radar in the media. Would you rather not read about us at all?

PS: Were coming third, may very well be second ~9pm this Friday. Relax

Darren said:
Gronk and Wheel, I don't appreciate your smart alec comments everytime I post. I am 41 with 3 uni degrees with 2 masters attached so I ain't a kid. I'm not interested in debating who is smarter etc but the cot stuff and sg ball stuff is a load of crap.

In my text, I wrote about the annoyance of being under the radar. I get sick of reading about it and believe it is detrimental to our brand and club. No other club gets this mentioned, why us constantly?

In terms of junior players, I will try again, I felt that the 2011 squad was too stacked with 28 years plus players. I do believe it is a young mans game (an ideal age 21-27) however always praise the experience (lyon, kite, ballin, even matai etc) That's my opinion, joe has gone great, so has matai and I have mentioned it this year, some others haven't shown old form, that's the way it is.

I have never mentioned sg ball or toyota cup players taking their spots. I have talked about players for the future. If I have, I'd appreciate you finding where I mention Riccardi, Stromquist, Whare replacing our 1st graders. You write this stuff about me and I get sick of reading where you seem to "quote me!" I don't mind you not agreeing but cot stuff and sg ball stuff is getting tiring.

The Wheel said:
tookey said:

Surely he can still manage lunch at the steyne with Singleton?

torana355 said:
jwaa said:
PS: Were coming third, may very well be second ~9pm this Friday. Relax

You think the Sharks are going to beat the Storm in Melbourne???

He didn't say for how long that they would stay at 2nd if they won. Only that may very well be second come 9pm this Friday but yeah, I think that 2nd position would be very short lived.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2