News: Brett Stewart Found Not Guilty on all 3 charges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NEVER in doubt. Welcome back Snake. I've missed you!!!
Congratulations to the Stewart family and everyone who supported our great clubman through this traumatic time!!!
Roll on 2011!!!

Better than any Grand Final win to me !!!!!!!!!

You little ripper

Congrats Brett,we never ever for one microsecond doubted your innocence

BRING ON 2011 , The Return Of Snake ..........

Thanks DSM5 and Dan for all the updates... What a relief for Brett... i wonder if he will take action against Daily Telegraph for massive headlines "I cant Remember anything" which was never used in court by any police reports etc..

He probably wont want to deal with the courts again though.

Im proud of the club for supporting him through and the day he runs on the field at Brookie next season will be special....

There are some who owe Brett a sincere apology.  David Gallop should resign for a start.  Brett wasn't even drunk on the night in question and didn't deserve suspension.  All David Gallop did was add to the hysteria.

Fatty Vautin should publicly apologise as should that dog Magnay they got on the footy show.  The club was the only one to support Brett while everyone else hung him out to dry and made him a scapegoat.  These people should be ashamed

If I was Brett I would sue David Gallop and the Daily Telegraph

Re: Brett Stewart found Not guilty

Congrats Brett and family. Looking forward to seeing you back better then ever next year.

All those who falsely presumed guilt and were scathing in their condemnation should now apologise to the depth of their gumboots - that is if they have any integrity.

Worst of all is Gallop whose role should have been to dampen the media hysteria by emphasising the necessity to presume innocence and instead poured fuel on the fire by presuming guilt.  His scathing attacks on Stewart were totally out of order, totally disloyal, and totally unprofessional. The club has bitten it's tongue long enough - time to give him the serve he deserves.

Next the media itself.  [Come on Rex you know better than to post that.]
Will all those involved in programs who led stories on abuse of women with pictures of Brett Stewart now apologise? Will Fatty Vautin?

Dr Bog, what you were saying many people are also thinking but Dan Fro and others are so correct in treading carefully legally now - and quickly sweeping up after we blunder in our posts  ;D

And for the legal (sea) eagles amongst us, Q: are there any grounds for an appeal by the prosecution?

Truly great news. I'm proud of the way the club stuck by him and I'm proud to be a Manly supporter. Like the rest of you, I remain disgusted by David Gallop and the NRL's handling of the matter and equally disgusted by the initial media coverage that suggested all sorts of unsavoury details and pretty much assumed Brett was guilty from the get go.
I hope Brett and his family can put this behind them, but the sad fact is his image has been tarnished forever. I know rugby league is a forgiving game (look at the positive coverage of Bird and Carney this year), but there will always be people who'll believe Brett did something wrong, regardless of the resounding "not guilty" verdicts. No amount of money can ever repair that damage, and Gallop and every lazy, self-promoting media hack who tried to score points off this should hang their heads in shame.

I would like to take the time to thank DSM5 for his analytic journalism during this Court hearing. You were our eyes and ears and I for one am grateful for the insight you provided.

I tip my hat to you mate you are a true Manly supporter.

Hopefully we will hear a statement from the club.  I would like to see them call for David Gallop's resignation. There's no way he should go unpunished.  His handling of the situation was very unprofessional

Congrats to Brett and Family.

I will support Brett in any decision he makes whether to pursue an apology or not.

Just happy he can get on with his life and pursue his League career

Great news. It never should have got this far in the first place!!

The only positive to come out of all of this is that Brett has really seen who his friends and fans are. All those who doubted him and publicly sold him down the river can go and get f**ked!!

brookiegreg link said:
Dr Bog, what you were saying many people are also thinking but Dan Fro and others are so correct in treading carefully legally now - and quickly sweeping up after we blunder in our posts   ;D

And for the legal (sea) eagles amongst us, Q: are there any grounds for an appeal by the prosecution?

You cant get tried twice for the same charge.

To all the Stewart family our thoughts are with you, we can never really know what you have gone through.  I just hope todays verdict puts to rest some of the emitional torture you have all endured.

Onwards and upwards now - cant wait to see Brett back on the field

brookiegreg link said:
Dr Bog, what you were saying many people are also thinking but Dan Fro and others are so correct in treading carefully legally now - and quickly sweeping up after we blunder in our posts  ;D

I am pretty sure they are able to appeal, however I doubt they will. The case seemed pretty poor to begin with

brookiegreg link said:
Dr Bog, what you were saying many people are also thinking but Dan Fro and others are so correct in treading carefully legally now - and quickly sweeping up after we blunder in our posts   ;D

From what i understand they can only appeal if there is new evidence. And from the way everything was handled in this case, not a great chance there will be an appeal by the crown. I think it's done and dusted now.

The Hasler Code link said:
Hopefully we will hear a statement from the club.  I would like to see them call for David Gallop's resignation. There's no way he should go unpunished.  His handling of the situation was very unprofessional
Yep agreed. But i think the request for his sacking/resignation should be done after the GF. After all it is Grand Final week...

Dan link said:
[quote author=brookiegreg link=topic=185533.msg298932#msg298932 date=1285723990]

I am pretty sure they are able to appeal, however I doubt they will. The case seemed pretty poor to begin with

I am fairly certain there would need to be fresh (new) evidence presented, for an appeal to be possible, so from what I have heard, this would be extremely unlikely

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8