News: Brett Stewart Found Not Guilty on all 3 charges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
abnc link said:
[quote author=brookiegreg link=topic=185533.msg298932#msg298932 date=1285723990]
Dr Bog, what you were saying many people are also thinking but Dan Fro and others are so correct in treading carefully legally now - and quickly sweeping up after we blunder in our posts   ;D

And for the legal (sea) eagles amongst us, Q: are there any grounds for an appeal by the prosecution?
From what i understand they can only appeal if there is new evidence. And from the way everything was handled in this case, not a great chance there will be an appeal by the crown. I think it's done and dusted now.
[/quote]

Correct, this or an error of law. Neither of these seem apparent. Nightmare over I believe..

Dan link said:
[quote author=brookiegreg link=topic=185533.msg298932#msg298932 date=1285723990]
Dr Bog, what you were saying many people are also thinking but Dan Fro and others are so correct in treading carefully legally now - and quickly sweeping up after we blunder in our posts   ;D

And for the legal (sea) eagles amongst us, Q: are there any grounds for an appeal by the prosecution?

I am pretty sure they are able to appeal, however I doubt they will. The case seemed pretty poor to begin with
[/quote]

Pretty poor? That's a gentle understatement Dan.

I heard the jury took 15 minutes this morning and assume were given 40 minutes last night which I understand was essentially taken up with them asking a question of the judge. The defence legal team suggested a decision was made inside 90 minutes (don't know where the other 35 minutes were)

I'd reckon it'd rank favourably amongst the shortest times for a verdict.   Why would the Crown appeal and imply they are reckless money-wasters once again?

Great news,
Never in doubt,how these charges went so far is nothing but disgraceful.He'd gone from the face of the game to discarded over these claims.I'd love for him to put up a defermation charge but i'm thinking he'd be happy for it to be all finished.

All the best to Brett and family and look forward to see the Stewart Boys bring on some great footy...

Not sure what the legality of suing is in this instance , but the guys reputation has copped a bettering , what about the sufferred etc.....who do you sue if the person bringing the cliam has nothing ??? .....Further , If i were Manly , i'd be on the blower telling the NRL we want the equivalent of Bretts contract moneys ( that we would have paid out to Brett ),for the 4 games that the NRL stood him down for, fowarded as cash cheque ASAP...and just throw them a curve ball by suggesting they are investigating the possibility of seeking damages for  comp points during this time - LOL , poss injunction to theis years GF as the ladder position would have been different etc etc etc etc - LOL - but seriously , 2 weeks for everyone else , buy 4 for Brett cause he was in the ad - dangerous decision by the NRL at the time , maybe coming to bite them ??

You little beauty!!!! I bet gallop is still wiping egg off his face. 

It's such a great relief to the manly club and it's supporters.  Bring on 2011!!!!

BRETT STEWART MEDIA STATEMENT
29/09/2010 11:00:27 AM
The Manly Sea Eagles are pleased but not surprised that fullback Brett Stewart was today found not guilty of allegations that he sexually assaulted a 17 year old girl outside his Manly Vale home unit complex on March 6, 2009.

Today’s finding by a jury in the NSW District Court ends 18 months of anxiety for the 25 year old and his family.
Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn said it had been a long drawn out period of waiting for all concerned.
“As a club we all knew the type of quality person Brett Stewart is and from day one of the allegations there was an insistence that like every Australian citizen he should be allowed to have his day in court.

“That has been a long time coming – particularly for his close knit family. They have been hurt by the allegations but believed in the justice system to deliver the right verdict and it has.
“We will give Brett and his partner Jamie Baker all the time they need to recover from the traumatic last year and a half.
“Since Brett Stewart arrived home from England and the successful 2009 World Club Challenge his life has been under intense scrutiny. Everyone at the Sea Eagles from the staff in the front office, the coaching staff, team mates, sponsors, members and supporters wish him well and a successful return from a long period out with injury to his famous number one jersey next season,” Mr. Penn said.

Stewart has only played six games in the NRL since the 2008 grand final triumph against Melbourne – five in 2009 and one in 2010 – because of knee problems.
He has played 118 games for the Sea Eagles and scored an incredible 98 tries including an average of one a game at his home ground Brookvale Oval.

Stuff whats happens in the grand final , this is the best news all year, and next year!!!

im getting pissed tonight  ...  ;)  im so happy for him & his dad & brothers..  im over the moon  i already asked if i could leave work half day  ..  but they`re all cry babies  cant cope unloading the trucks, so i have to stay..

He's got THE TOUCH:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764[/youtube]

Enjoy the song, and love the video!!
This will probably be a let down to many, but to me it's awesome

(Dont want to imbed since I don't want to break copyright and all that)

I embedded it for you as youtube allows for this usage

in those 6 games he has played since the 08 GF  he managed to cross over for 5 tries ..  i cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome back to brooky brett,this is the best news ive heard all year im so happy for him and his family,now our 2011 season is  on track,good onya brett i always knew you were innocent,here we come 2011!!!

Congratulations to Brett his family, friends and the club. Vindication for all our support of him over the last 18 months. To the NRL and Gallop, nothing.

I always believed that Stewart is innocent, glad to see it all official, took their time with it though. YEah the media really hung him out to dry really resent that and how they cover up for other players (e.g. Thurston, Lockyer and other Broncos in 08). The NRL too, have shown minimal support. However it was surprising to see that they DID resist calls to have Stewart stood down in 09 and after his suspension they had no problems with him going back onto the field.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6