News: An Open Letter to David Gallop and the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So Brett in their words is suspended for being drunk at the season launch. For that crime and that crime alone he gets 4 weeks.

Choc was drunk and was involved in an altercation at the same launch. Yet no suspension from the NRl on that one.

If the suspension is just related to what occurred at the launch, isn't choc's incident worse?

Not related to the sexual assault charge my arse.

DSM5 link said:
Standard letter.  It will be interesting to see how they handle alcohol related indiscretions from other players throughout the season.  From this response it appears the NRL will have to determine a 'suitable' response list that clubs must follow or they will have to intervene, as they have in Brett's case.  i.e staggering drunk; one week.  falling over drunk, two weeks, passing out drunk on the lawns of Glebe Police Station, three weeks, singing lewd songs while drunk, four weeks and so on.  Gallop is such a fool.

They have framed it in such a way that they can choose to ignore whatever they want and persecute Manly players basically

Dan link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=179526.msg212011#msg212011 date=1236912944]
Standard letter.  It will be interesting to see how they handle alcohol related indiscretions from other players throughout the season.  From this response it appears the NRL will have to determine a 'suitable' response list that clubs must follow or they will have to intervene, as they have in Brett's case.  i.e staggering drunk; one week.  falling over drunk, two weeks, passing out drunk on the lawns of Glebe Police Station, three weeks, singing lewd songs while drunk, four weeks and so on.  Gallop is such a fool.

They have framed it in such a way that they can choose to ignore whatever they want and persecute Manly players basically
[/quote]

Bingo!

Remember everyone, this is a 'Special' case, no other player is going to be held to this standard unless the NRL feel like it. As always they will just make up the rules as they go.

Pft! No wonder the players are complaining about lack of consistancy. It should be the same punishment for everyone, and there is no way that they are going to apply this 4 week nonsence across the board.

This was the NRLs chance to draw a line in the sand and make all players accountable for there own actions, unfortunatly it only applys if you happen to attract Gallops attention.

Class act as always Kiwi.

It looks like you may have an opportunity to take the corrospondance further if you wish.

Maybe if you framed it in a way that you are speaking on behalf of this entire group (as long as Dan & the honchos agree) they would be forced into a debate with you, given how large we have become. This could end up with direct contact with Gallop, maybe, sort of, a bit.

Not sure if people think this attack is wise or worthwile but I certainly would say that you can speak for me on this issue. It's point by point how I'm sure most of us feel.

I am fine with that. We definitely deserve a voice

Cheers Duff, unfortunately though i think this is just a generic reply sent out to any who email on the matter, as Qld Eagle got the same, so I probably won't reply again.

Unfortunately my main point would probably end up costing us, as I would ask why Watmough didn't receive the same for being drunk.

It was nice to see Matthew Johns ask the hard questions of him last night, but it was a shame that when Gallop danced around them, he didn't back it up and demand an answer

The NRL seem very, very keen to push the line that this suspension is nothing to do with the allegations. In that case, Stewart should be playing straight after the ban ends, whoever I don't think he will be, at which point we should really get together and make some more noise about it

The ban has deliberately been set to after the court date so that as of that court date they can suspend him for the allegations

Its unlikely that the april 7 court date will resolve things either way.
What is likely is that the media led by the DT's will work overtime promoting the event. At which point NRL could then claim that Stewart is continuing to bring the game into disrepute, and give him a further ban.

I know that sounds unfair, but think about how often the NRL just make up the rules as they go along. I can't say for sure how they will do it, but come April 7 you can bet your bottom dollar that Stewart will be rubbed out till after SOO.

Dan link said:
[quote author=DVS Matt link=topic=179526.msg211199#msg211199 date=1236763280]
Amazing Kiwi. Love it!

(from nita.. still can't work out the log in thing!)

What do you mean work it out.

Just login with your forum details at the top of the page under the banner and above the news ticker
[/quote]

I logged in with my name, and then when the new screen loaded it was still Matt's one.

I'm having no probs with it from my work PC so i think i'll just delete my cookies from my home one and see if that works.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6