Newcastle v Ipswich Jets

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I actually feel place kicks for restarts should be removed all together so that there is less control over direction, distance and height making it a more unpredictable restart.

and replaced with what ? I'd argue that you'd get better control, and especially height, from a kick from the hands.

Can someone explain why certain NRL clubs can have different NSW Cups teams, and not have to field their own? Why can Easts use Wyong, Souths use Norths etc? Not only is this confusing it makes the NSW Cup an irrelevant competition as it is played at suburban grounds away from the first grade team.
I'm sure we'd all like to see our reserve grades play prior to first grade. There must be a better solution for the 13 non-Qld clubs.
I don't understand why myself, it can't have anything to do with local content because most NSW cup sides are stacked with imports from what I can tell.

If we're not seeking to copy the high-hang time of the Cowboys kickoffs, then where is our professionalism? Experiment with new kicking tees, ball positions, kick styles, whatever it takes.

Similarly the short kickoffs. This has been a Manly weakness for years, both in kicking and receiving. Where is the professionalism if we don't experiment and practice with this until perfected? eg. A player like Tom, properly used, is an ideal asset in attacking and defending short kick-offs.
My post had zero to do with professionalism or observing Manly's lack of experimentation, variation, or professionalism in this area, it was a general thought that all teams will be using kick off tees that are so high making the high kick off pretty much standard while removing the courage and excitement that first up generates.

and replaced with what ? I'd argue that you'd get better control, and especially height, from a kick from the hands.
There is less control from a dropkick restart compared to a fixed position high placed ball on a tee.

You can argue that current ball tees encourage experimentation with high kicks offs, short kicks offs and angled down aim low for touch kick offs which is a positive in removing predictability within the game(if you are not happy with the first hit up routine) i just feel there is too much advantage to the kick off team.

I'm not saying I'm totally for a drop kick restart(or against experimentation at kick off) but would prefer this less control over the ball option(drop kick) over using kick off tees that allow too much of an advantage---kick off tee regulations need to be looked at.

In this area of the game i prefer the predictability of standard kick off returns that have a balance of showing forwards taking the first hit up with enough space from the oncoming defensive line to generate some run up yards before impact.

Not saying the team kicking off should not experiment but limit the height of the tees somewhat to reduce or at least make it harder to generate as much height with consistent safety.

My post had zero to do with professionalism or observing Manly's lack of experimentation, variation, or professionalism in this area, it was a general thought that all teams will be using kick off tees that are so high making the high kick off pretty much standard while removing the courage and excitement that first up generates.
I wasn't criticising your posting at all TC. You raised the effectiveness of the Cowboys kick-offs, which was also very striking for me in watching the game. I had no comment to make on your point about the need to change the rules. I don't mind either way. My posting was that, whilst current rules apply, professionalism requires us to take maximum advantage of the Cowboys style of super-high kick-off (and also short kick offs).

I wasn't criticising your posting at all TC. You raised the effectiveness of the Cowboys kick-offs, which was also very striking for me in watching the game. I had no comment to make on your point about the need to change the rules. I don't mind either way. My posting was that, whilst current rules apply, professionalism requires us to take maximum advantage of the Cowboys style of super-high kick-off (and also short kick offs).
Totally agree.

I've always been of the opinion that Manly sometimes has this air of arrogance about themselves that feels all the class we have in the backline is sufficient enough to overcome any flaw or need for attention to detail to apply.

Overly comfortable in our own structures not willing to change or think outside the realm we have created----which can be a good thing as some teams change at a whim and lack a foundation, a core, a belief system that holds up under pressure.(Melb and Manly have this belief system in their stuctures and what they feel works and always will work)

The beauty of all this change is that it forces other changes but we have to strike the right balance and keep our culture intact while still evolving and remaining fresh/current.

The West Indies for example ruling the cricket world on talent alone, eventually the world started to play smarter, innovate, bridge the gap and slowly during the early to mid 90's you could see the dominance start to lose it's way. When the best of their players were not being replaced by the best West Indies upcoming talent(who moved to NFL,NBA) the over reliance on talent alone to win games to compensate for every other flaw was shown up.

Totally agree.

I've always been of the opinion that Manly sometimes has this air of arrogance about themselves that feels all the class we have in the backline is sufficient enough to overcome any flaw or need for attention to detail to apply.

Overly comfortable in our own structures not willing to change or think outside the realm we have created----which can be a good thing as some teams change at a whim and lack a foundation, a core, a belief system that holds up under pressure.(Melb and Manly have this belief system in their stuctures and what they feel works and always will work)

The beauty of all this change is that it forces other changes but we have to strike the right balance and keep our culture intact while still evolving and remaining fresh/current.

The West Indies for example ruling the cricket world on talent alone, eventually the world started to play smarter, innovate, bridge the gap and slowly during the early to mid 90's you could see the dominance start to lose it's way. When the best of their players were not being replaced by the best West Indies upcoming talent(who moved to NFL,NBA) the over reliance on talent alone to win games to compensate for every other flaw was shown up.
Yep. When something's working, we stick to the core of it. And there's also a need to always look intently at what is in front of us, and to look again, and again, to find a new edge, and be willing to let go of our habits, and old ways of looking at things, in doing that. One of the reasons I enjoy your postings TC is that you're happy to post new ways of looking at things.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2