New Winger - Christian Tuipulotu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks for the advice ... but I am not pumping up his tyres ... simply offering a different interpretation than the accepted, .. we lost games ... so I hate Barrett ... and everything he does is bad ... and as far as moving on .. I will repeat that every comment I make is in response to a post .. not initiating the topic ...
I can agree with you on that...we WON plenty of games because of him as well. I actually think he is a very good coach with a sharp tactical mind but his man management needs plenty of work. If he can get that right, I think he could get the Dogs playing some pretty good football. He had Manly heading in the right direction until his lack of experience led to player unrest which ultimately led to some pretty poor results. He has been quoted as saying he made 'emotional decisions' and that he will learn from that.

No, he chose not to/was told not to. He didn't suddenly lose the ability to pass a ball. If he wears the 13 , it will allow Guac/Garner to run lines off Chez instead.
I dont understand what you are saying,

So you want him to stay on the right edge to ball play like gifty but you want him to move to the middle so Garner and Guac can run lines?

Forget lock and second row, means nothing these days it is edge forward or middle forward.

Gifty wore 13 and was an edge forward, Jake wears the 13 and is a middle forward

Do we honestly believe that a player moves clubs that it is for the coaching? I would suggest in the majority of times it is due to $ or potential for first grade.
So far the dogs have signed players who were not first choice at their own club or for Addo Carr is keen for a new position - but it makes a nice story from the club

It's really not that complicated- there are ball players, and ball runners. 2nd rowers are runners. They are supposed to hit holes. Locks can be used as either another prop or another 5/8 (gifty happened to link well with chez and killer on that right side...but we still had two second rowers whose principal purpose was to break the line by hitting holes, and bending where possible. Choc, beaver, trex, etc) Obviously Siro's given role was to do exactly this.
If you are parking him on the edge like Gift you are wanting him to play in the slot he is playing now just wanting to him ball play more.

Otherwise you are wanting him to slip into the Jurbo lock role and ball play

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
It's really not that complicated- there are ball players, and ball runners. 2nd rowers are runners. They are supposed to hit holes. Locks can be used as either another prop or another 5/8 (gifty happened to link well with chez and killer on that right side...but we still had two second rowers whose principal purpose was to break the line by hitting holes, and bending where possible. Choc, beaver, trex, etc) Obviously Siro's given role was to do exactly this.
I noticed in SOO3 Gayguy was shifted to left centre. As soon as it got to him he stepped back right and found holes. I think Siro is trying the same thing, but he hasn’t got the speed of Gayguy to execute the movement. I’d rather Siro just hit holes either side of his opp. Then pop the ball to DCE or Tommy trailing on the inside.

I reckon Baz has some obvious coaching credentials but you way you defend him to the death on here and slant everything mentioned of him as positive is a little strange. He certainly has his pros and cons and I know for a fact that Taupau was wanting out until Baz left and he 100% split the playing group when he was here. I can tell you that for an absolute fact. Is he the first coach to do that? No. Will he be the last? No. Does it mean he can't coach? No...

But get over him dude, he doesn't need you to pump his tires up on here all the time. He's moved on and so should everyone else on this forum.
Oh my goodness... thank you Sir!

Thanks for the advice ... but I am not pumping up his tyres ... simply offering a different interpretation than the accepted, .. we lost games ... so I hate Barrett ... and everything he does is bad ... and as far as moving on .. I will repeat that every comment I make is in response to a post .. not initiating the topic ...
Stop it Trent.

If you are parking him on the edge like Gift you are wanting him to play in the slot he is playing now just wanting to him ball play more.

Otherwise you are wanting him to slip into the Jurbo lock role and ball play
The Jurbo role of course... but in the same way gifty had a great combination with killer, and later, dce, so too siro should focus on the right (alternating in and out with chez). This should allow us to have a gun 'edge' forward to be used as a block-busting hole runner - not a ball-player, snd the next creative type out wide should be our centre: eg walker or schuster

This would also speed us up in the middle, and allow us to move Jurbo to starting prop, who would be a steadying influence in the frontrow, yet still mobile for a prop, lots of skill and awareness and high fitness levels. This will in turn allow Taupau and Paseka to have slightly shorter yet more dynamic stints (40mins each, and a 3rd prop for 10-20min if Jurbo needs a rest etc)

Last edited:
with all the Barrett / Bulldogs chat ..... I've lost the thread ..... has this guy signed or is still just a twitter post from Weirdler?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4