New Team for 2016 season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. B. Stewart
2. C. Gutherson
3. P. Hiku
4. S. Matai
5. J. Taufua
6. J. Lyon
7. D. Cherry-Evans

8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. D. Lussick
11. N. Miles
12. J. Buhrer
13. B. Leary

14. F. Mateo
15. J. Starling
16. L. Sao
17. D. Lui / J. Horo / A. Demetriou

1. Snake
2. Tafua
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hiku
6.? Hastings?
7. DCE (please!)
8. Jake T
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Myles
12. Leary/Symonds
13. Buhrer

14. Mateo
15. Horo
16. Sao
17. Burgess

If that is your logic for what makes a good front rower then just stick Hodges in there as we would smash the crap out of me as well or Williame even.

FMD!
I'm only having a joke with ya! Look, he is not the best prop and I am the first to admit that, but our ranks are thin and options are thin, and if anything, Lussick will be a big body in the middle of field playing with aggression (something I believe we really lack).

I'm only having a joke with ya! Look, he is not the best prop and I am the first to admit that, but our ranks are thin and options are thin, and if anything, Lussick will be a big body in the middle of field playing with aggression (something I believe we really lack).

Totally agree with you on the aggression but lets see what Jake can do with this pack. Ligi and Lui are getting more and more physical every game and with the addition of Myles the front row stocks are looking good Jake, Nate, Ligi, Josh and Brenton. Once again I haven't said he is soft I have said he isn't intimidating.

Lussick was the one who instigated the "Battle of Brookvale". Don't tell me there isn't any sh*t in him

There is plenty of **** in him and that's the problem. Starting a fight means nothing you can't rate a guy on that. There is a difference between been aggressive and been stupid.

A lot of players may be biding their time for a first grade spot or selection in their preferred position next year. I believe that Tom T will be all but ready for regular first grade next season but might not get a look in except for injuries and rep selections. Hiku will definitely become a centre in time.

You could put Lyon or Buhrer at 5/8 and they'll do an adequate job alongside DCE if he stays. Lyon to 5/8 opens a spot for Hiku at centre and a chance for either Gutherson or Tom to go on the wing. Buhrer at 5/8 opens up another spot in the starting side for our back rowers if they keep firing.

My team would look like this.

1. Snake
2. Gutherson
3. Hiku
4. Matai
5. Taufua
6. Lyon
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. Ballin
10. Lussick (hopefully)
11. Buhrer
12. Leary
13. Lui

14. Hodges
15. Starling
16. Sao
17. Myles

A lot of players may be biding their time for a first grade spot or selection in their preferred position next year. I believe that Tom T will be all but ready for regular first grade next season but might not get a look in except for injuries and rep selections. Hiku will definitely become a centre in time.

You could put Lyon or Buhrer at 5/8 and they'll do an adequate job alongside DCE if he stays. Lyon to 5/8 opens a spot for Hiku at centre and a chance for either Gutherson or Tom to go on the wing. Buhrer at 5/8 opens up another spot in the starting side for our back rowers if they keep firing.

1. Snake
2. Gutherson
3. Hiku
4. Matai
5. Taufua
6. Lyon
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. Ballin
10. Lussick (hopefully)
11. Buhrer
12. Leary
13. Lui

14. Hodges
15. Starling
16. Sao
17. Myles
Hard to argue with that

1. Snake
2. Gutherson
3. Hiku
4. Matai
5. Taufua
6. Lyon
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. Ballin
10. Lussick (hopefully)
11. Buhrer
12. Leary
13. Lui

14. Hodges
15. Starling
16. Sao
17. Myles
500k for Myles and he is on the bench . He would be a sure starter over Lussick( if he came)

If the club is already happy with their plans for the halves for next year i highly doubt that we are banking on Lyon to play 5/8. I have no source to back this up but wouldn't he be playing 5/8 now while Foz is out??
I think we have signed another 5/8 outside the club.

[QUOTE="
There is plenty of **** in him and that's the problem. Starting a fight means nothing you can't rate a guy on that. There is a difference between been aggressive and been stupid.[/QUOTE]

@ShakeySeaEagle
I think we need a player with that aggression its been missing for too long now. A lot of people complained when Josh Perry came to Manly because of his aggression but he was a revelation for us. I agree that fights mean nothing but sometimes that act of taking it to your opposition and standing up to them can inspire your teammates to lift. Don't forget every time there's a biff or something controversial happens, Manly lift, They thrive in that atmosphere. I remember in 2008 Melbourne had the wood on Manly until late in the year when they met at Brookie. In the early exchanges Brent Kite put a couple on Mick Crocker's chin who was clearly back peddling. It lifted Manly another couple of gears and they really took it to Melbourne. From memory we lost that game but every single Manly fan walked away from that game thinking "Come the finals, We can smash that mob". and looked what happened.

I wouldn't mind watching that game if anyone could tell me where to find it.

[QUOTE="
There is plenty of **** in him and that's the problem. Starting a fight means nothing you can't rate a guy on that. There is a difference between been aggressive and been stupid.

@ShakeySeaEagle
I think we need a player with that aggression its been missing for too long now. A lot of people complained when Josh Perry came to Manly because of his aggression but he was a revelation for us. I agree that fights mean nothing but sometimes that act of taking it to your opposition and standing up to them can inspire your teammates to lift. Don't forget every time there's a biff or something controversial happens, Manly lift, They thrive in that atmosphere. I remember in 2008 Melbourne had the wood on Manly until late in the year when they met at Brookie. In the early exchanges Brent Kite put a couple on Mick Crocker's chin who was clearly back peddling. It lifted Manly another couple of gears and they really took it to Melbourne. From memory we lost that game but every single Manly fan walked away from that game thinking "Come the finals, We can smash that mob". and looked what happened.

I wouldn't mind watching that game if anyone could tell me where to find it.[/QUOTE]
I remember it well, and that was exactly what I thought. Grand final day I was so confident I had my 1 week old first born on my lap the entire game. We were never gonna lose.

If the club is already happy with their plans for the halves for next year i highly doubt that we are banking on Lyon to play 5/8. I have no source to back this up but wouldn't he be playing 5/8 now while Foz is out??
I think we have signed another 5/8 outside the club.

I agree!
Now I know I've repeated myself many times on here but I don't think anyone takes it as legit cos so many still keep naming Lyon at pivot for 2016!
So I'll repeat myself again, even though Lyon can play 5/8, he won't play 5/8 because he hates it!!
This is why Tooves persists in playing 2RF (or anyone else for that matter) at 5/8 rather than Lyon!

IMO it feels like Manly and Tooves are playing smoke n mirrors when it comes to our halves for 2016, and whether this is a way of easing off the media attention with DCE and hoping it will help him make the decision to backflip? Or they have already signed a young replacement from outside the club and want to keep it under wraps and tight lipped for now? Or they already know who they have in mind from within the club? is anyone's guess, but to me it does seem the club is keeping everything in house and under tight lock and key!
I guess we will all know after round 13......... Or maybe not.... Or at most at least half of our 'halves' debarcal.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
1. Snake
2. Tafua
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hiku
6. Gutherson
7. DCE
8. Trbojevic
9. Ballin
10. Myles
11. Leary
12. Buhrer
13. Mateo

14. Horo
15. Starling
16. Sao
17. Symonds

There are a number of factors here. I remember reading Lawrence, looking to get out final year of contract. Tom T is still very young, therefore I would still have him playing NYC/NSW cup, unless injury opens up a position. Which no doubt will happen at some stage. Only having seen minimal footage of Gutherson, he strikes me as a ball player although I am unsure if he has the kicking game. I like Leary as an edge back-rower, his first two game, he was barely noticeable, playing in the middle. But against Knights, he killed it, strong defensively too, which is key for an edge defender. Less interchanges next year, therefore leave Myles (big engine) in front row. As we have seen this season, injuries will change things around. We will still have Lui, Lawrence (maybe), JSL, Chee-Kam.

1. Snake
2. Tafua
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hiku
6. Gutherson
7. DCE
8. Trbojevic
9. Ballin
10. Myles
11. Leary
12. Buhrer
13. Mateo

14. Horo
15. Starling
16. Sao
17. Symonds

There are a number of factors here. I remember reading Lawrence, looking to get out final year of contract. Tom T is still very young, therefore I would still have him playing NYC/NSW cup, unless injury opens up a position. Which no doubt will happen at some stage. Only having seen minimal footage of Gutherson, he strikes me as a ball player although I am unsure if he has the kicking game. I like Leary as an edge back-rower, his first two game, he was barely noticeable, playing in the middle. But against Knights, he killed it, strong defensively too, which is key for an edge defender. Less interchanges next year, therefore leave Myles (big engine) in front row. As we have seen this season, injuries will change things around. We will still have Lui, Lawrence (maybe), JSL, Chee-Kam.
MCK only if signed, I have a feeling they will let him go

Snake to 5/8 maybe - he could do a bit of a Lockyer in that respect, but he has much better hands than Lockyer did. Dunno how he would handle getting hit more though...

1. Stewart
2. Hiku
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Taufua
6. Carney
7. DCE
8. Lawrence
9. Ballin
10. Myles
11. Lussick
12. Bird