New stadium, poor crowd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Talking about WIN Stadium here, Darren. Tens of millions spent on it yet the so-called mighty Dragons could only muster 10,000 people last night. And watching on TV it looked even sparser than that.

Like to rethink your criticism of Brookie and the crowds we get?

Personally I think it is a sign that getting to these night matches is a pain, and an expensive, often uncomfortable, one at that. Why bother when you can watch it on TV? There is the hard-core fans who will always attend, then a lot of others who will only come along if it suits them.

Sunday afternoon matches at Brookie would increase crowds by 30% imo.

Excuse me. Darren? Are you alive?

No, he only surfaces when he can bash our history.

It must be due to the hill at the gong. If they could trap people in ****ty little plastic seats all around the ground like at skilled or sfs, it would be packed like those grounds every week.

You have to understand that people who like stadiums can't just sit in the half of brookie or two thirds of the gong that suit them. There has to be plastic seats everywhere so they can look out and admire the blandness.

Not colder thn England Berk & they show up in greater numbers than any aussie club.

Anyone in this country that lets "cold" weather prevent them from doing anything needs a massive slap accross the head.
First world problem to the greatest extent.

It showed that the Drag supporters only pack the place when they are on a roll. It looked very empty last night.

As I have said many times, tomorrow should (but probably won't) shut up Darren when we get a poor number of Manly fans to SFS.

I hope I am wrong about the crowd numbers and we have heaps of fans, but we'll see.

Duff said:
Not colder thn England Berk & they show up in greater numbers than any aussie club.

Anyone in this country that lets "cold" weather prevent them from doing anything needs a massive slap accross the head.

Leeds cold is an all new definition in my books

eagles2win said:
Duff said:

England cold is cold mate. The night we went to Bradford I was 3/4s cut but it was so could I jumped off the beers and on to the coffee.

I went for a slash and was scared I thought my mate was on fire because I was urinating smoke.

Cameron said:
eagles2win said:
Duff said:

England cold is cold mate. The night we went to Bradford I was 3/4s cut but it was so could I jumped off the beers and on to the coffee.

I went for a slash and was scared I thought my mate was on fire because I was urinating smoke.

That might be related to something you picked up in Thailand.

Duff said:
Cameron said:
eagles2win said:
Duff said:

That might be related to something you picked up in Thailand.
Lol u idiot it was 3 years before I went to Thailand you como lefty :)

Cameron said:
eagles2win said:
Duff said:

Same

The cold is an issue at night, for sure. It further reinforces the need for more afternoon matches. I don't 'buy' the Brookie facilities as being the reason. It is much more about scheduling. Our largest crowds at Brookie - up to 27,000 in the 1980's from memory - were on a Sunday afternoon and the ground was in worse shape in those days. Obviously Fox coverage is another reason for crowds staying away.

Harden up about the cold it is why you buy warm clothes ;)

Come over here for a game in winter and you will know cold haha

Guys, just because someone doesn't agree with exactly what you want someone to say, or is allowed to say, isn't the point. I have over 2000 posts so I have been around awhile. I don't get on here as much and when I do it's basically the same stuff going round and round. I used to write about the junior games but fair few people had shots so I stopped.

I do agree that the low Dragons fans is noticeable. The weather and night games are a big factor. Kogarah packs them in. I don't really know any "local" Wollongong fan that actually goes to Dragons games and I have lived here all my life. Mt Ousley (road out of the Gong) can go for miles after Gong games. Maybe that's why Doust is wanting more games at Kogarah.

For the record, I'd much rather sit comfortably in an SFS facility with all the benefits than Brookie. I remember Brookie jammed pack and it was great. The oval now is past its use by date.

Goes to show the the Titans and NQ will never get a good crowd when playing in Sydney.

There are going to be maybe six to eight games a season that any club can really capitalise on. These are the ones that should be at the bigger grounds or played away.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4