New signings to be announced #nextweek

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Happy with Carney or Hodko, both carry their risks, Hodko moreso. Although they are options that have potential to not just be the short term fixes they've been expected to be

The Todd Carney experience......

No injury concerns

Not so sure about this part of your post. I don’t disagree that there could be some value there but I don’t think his hammies are getting any younger!

I think he did have a fair few injury issues last season. 17 games (not heaps for a pommy season) and only 1 try after playing 33 games the year before.

Not so sure about this part of your post. I don’t disagree that there could be some value there but I don’t think his hammies are getting any younger!

I think he did have a fair few injury issues last season. 17 games (not heaps for a pommy season) and only 1 try after playing 33 games the year before.
Unless you can come up with what injuries he may have had the chronic injury concern is only speculation .
As to scoring only 1 try , how many tries did he set up ?
It was reported that h e did knock back Tim sheens Hull KR 1.2mil contract to come down under so he must have been on his game

I’d be stoked with Carney. He could potentially play the role that Jason Smith provided for him when he was an 18 year old rookie for Canberra. Jason Smith really surprised me with his on field guile, control and influence on a game that I believed rubbed off on Todd. If he can pass that on to someone like Lachlan Crocker and to a much lesser extent DCE, It would be a cheap, astute pick up.
I think any other club would get his contract approved, but we aren’t any other club.. that aside, prove me wrong NRL! They’ve got convicted bad boys in 1st grade that have done far worse..

On another semi vacant position (looking at your number Frank Winterstein),
An edge backrower with some zip and good angle running would be nice to pick up during the offseason and Corey Oates has piped up and told Wayne “My days as a winger are done”
May be injury prone in the backs but judging by the article, he’ll be pissed with Bennett if he doesn’t start entertaining the idea of giving him a crack in his preferred position in the forwards..

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/d94316739c08fcb0dca14197fcd092a6

Gee! 68 pages and no FG player signings. Not many more sleeps left until Christmas. A big no for me on Carney....everyone deserves a chance and he has had his fair share.

Unless you can come up with what injuries he may have had the chronic injury concern is only speculation .
As to scoring only 1 try , how many tries did he set up ?
It was reported that h e did knock back Tim sheens Hull KR 1.2mil contract to come down under so he must have been on his game

I recall reading about one of his injury stints but don’t profess to knowing the specifics. He did play only half as many games as the season before.

By the way, Todd had a grand total of 8 try assists in 2017 placing him 42nd in ESL well behind such notables as Sam Williams, Josh Drinkwater and Michael Dobson.

Todd’s ship has sailed.

Apparently Cody walker wants out of redfern[/QUOTE

If that's true, he could be a better option than Hodkinson, Carney, Lamb, Hingano etc, but only if we get him on similar money to what he is on now for Souths. $300,000 for three years would work.

I recall reading about one of his injury stints but don’t profess to knowing the specifics. He did play only half as many games as the season before.

By the way, Todd had a grand total of 8 try assists in 2017 placing him 42nd in ESL well behind such notables as Sam Williams, Josh Drinkwater and Michael Dobson.

Todd’s ship has sailed.
If he played half the season in 2017 then it explains his 8 try assists and placing in the SL. That's a no brainer .
What injury/Injuries did he have of chronic nature ?

NRL FOX ....
What NRL wants Todd Carney to do before return

TODD Carney must prove to the NRL he is reformed if he hopes to take up a career lifeline with Manly.
The controversial former Dally M winner has been linked with a return to the NRL after Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett said the club was considering him as a possible answer to their halves crisis.

Carney has signed with Cairns-based Queensland Cup club the Northern Pride in a bid to resurrect his career, however it’s been suggested he could return to top flight football as early as 2018.

The NRL said 31-year-old Carney - who was previously sacked from Canberra, let go by Sydney Roosters and sacked by Cronulla following off-field incidents, often alcohol-related - must prove he is a changed man.

“Any club seeking to register a contract for Todd would need to demonstrate that he is fit and proper to be part of the NRL,” an NRL spokesman said.

Carney has a rap sheet dating back to his time at the Raiders when he was sacked after repeated drink driving offences including being handed a suspended jail sentence after leading police on a chase before fleeing.

After resurrecting his career at the Roosters, including winning the 2010 Dally M and leading the club to the grand final, he was once again let go for alcohol-related incidents including being charged with low-range drink driving.

The final straw came in September 2011 when he was seen drinking while on an alcohol ban.

Cronulla cut him loose in 2014 after a photo of him urinating towards his mouth in a pub toilet circulated on social media.

He subsequently played with Catalans Dragons and Salford in France and England.

The Sea Eagles are desperate for a playmaking partner for Daly Cherry-Evans after releasing Blake Green to the Warriors and missing out on Mitchell Pearce.

Canberra recruit Lachlan Croker, ex-Rooster Jackson Hastings and Cameron Cullen shape as Barrett’s halves options currently.

The Sea Eagles have been linked with Newcastle halves Brock Lamb and Trent Hodkinson who appear set to be shunted out of the Knights’ best 17 following the arrival of Pearce.

Barrett told News Corp the club had not made contact with Carney however “will keep our eye on him”.

Zero tackle ...

New Manly recruit Lachlan Croker has put his hand up as a possible halves candidate after arriving last Monday, however, whispers out of Manly suggest that he isn’t yet ready for a starting spot.

With over $800,000 free under the salary cap, Manly are considering their options.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8